29 Year Old Male Looking for Online Accountability Friends

Options
Hey There All,

Been on here about a month and a half and looking for some online friends to keep me motivated/accountable and so I can do the same with others. I started at 232 a month and a half ago and now am right at 200. Goal weight is 185 to 190 which is where a 6'1 29 year old should be around. Vacation in mid-April so trying to get down to that by then. Plan on staying there now given I am about to start having kiddos with my wife. Let me know if you would like to join me in my accountability quest!!

Replies

• bigcraigosu
    Options
    I always read The Abs Diet everytime I want to be healthy - very good book that's informative and easy. Recipes are good too. I plan on following his recommendations as much as possible for the rest of my life...
  • chezney76
    Options
    I will. I am a 35 year old mom of five and teach kinder. I signed up on here a month and a half ago, but just started this week. I am 5'10 and started at 236 and am down 3 lbs. My goal is 150 by 2-21-12.
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    I think having friends on here that not only encourage you, but hold you accountable is the key! I would love to be friends with you both! :happy:
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, similar circumstances here. I've only been here a week though. I've been doing the fitness thing for about 4 weeks now and got down to 208 from 220.

I'm not really sure what my final weight should be, as I do a bit of power lifting, but I'm only 5' 11", I'm thinking I'd look pretty good at 185. So I'll definitely be happy to add you.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Hey there's a man cave thread on here too...I'm sad that I don't get to join because i don't have the "parts" but it's a very interesting read, and they're all very supportive...good luck! I'll hold you accountable as long as you don't call me a wussy lol
  • tonisteedley
    Options
    Wow !!! 32lbs in 1.5 months... Thats fantastic... Well whatever your doing: Keep it up. Good luck .. Friend me if you like.. We can all use more en-couragment and Advice.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys:
    I am a 49 yr old Mom with 5 beautiful teenagers and young adults. They still keep me on my toes.. I am 5'10'' and starting weight was 267 lbs. I am now at 242 and loving the changes in my body.. 21" lost so far 2 pant sizes. I too can always you advise or motivation.. So punch me in on this one...Great job getting started, you both are moving in a great direction...
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have been on this site since 2009. But I have never been 100% comitted. Maybe it is friends that keep you accountable.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hiya.

Have a read of 344pounds.com, if you ever need a little boost. It's a very good blog.
  • abigailmagoo23
    Options
    Maybe just maybe I would friend you IF and ONLY IF you did not have The BUCKEYES as you profile pic! GO BLUE BABY!!! lol
  • richiedbond
    Options
    I can look past the Buckeyes tag for a good cause. I have been on here seriously this time for a little over 4 weeks and I have dropped 17 pounds. I am 31 and am trying to lose about 60 pounds, I am married with 2 little girls and they are wearing me out. Feel free to friend me if you want. And go BLUE!!!
  • stepphanie
    Options
    I am a mom of 5 great kids. I have lost 5 pounds since Monday! I weigh 332 right now and want to reach an overall goal of 175 maybe smaller but would be thrilled with 175. I am looking for some great motivating friends on here too. I just started here this week.
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cool, where is that thread? To the search bar!
  • bigcraigosu
    Options
    Test
  • bigcraigosu
    Options
    test 2
  • devonparks
    Options
    I just started Month 2 of my new fitness lifestyle and I'm already down 17 pounds. A few of my friends have joined because of my updates posting on Facebook, but it's always nice to have more support, encouragement, and a kick in the butt, when necessary. =) I'd love to share my journey with some like-minded people and help you along the way too, so all y'all feel free to add me as a friend.