logging diet soda

hroderick
hroderick Posts: 756 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I do not care your opinion on your opinion on the side effects of diet soda.
The ones I drink are zero calories and I'm not concerned about sodium.
Is there any reason to log my excessive consumption of 4-6 per day?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,309 Member
    Yes. The sodium will affect your weight loss. Also make sure you are getting enough Calcium (you can change your settings to track calcium). The Diet will leech Calcium from your bones so you need to supplement if you are not consuming enough in your diet.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    i was about to say or sodium but then saw you say you aren't concerned.

you could log just for tracking in case you want to cut back or just for the purpose of seeing any tweaking in your diet. Patterns of when you get hungry or what fills you up.
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    The only reason I see to log it (which I log mine) is so you can refer back to it later and see how much you are drinking and see if you want to make changes to how much diet soda you drink. Whether you drink it or not is totally up to you, also whether or not you log it. I just log it because I am trying to be honest about everything I put into my body. If I don't log my sodas, I'm not being honest.
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    Main reason is the sodium. There may be times when you stall out or you feel bloated which may be a result of too much sodium. by at least logging it you can look back and see if that is what may be causing a plateau or if maybe it is something else. It's just like logging water. Water has absolutely zero everything. But I still log it.
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    What they said. Sodium tracking, which you don't want a lot of in your diet if youre trying to lose weight.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Log it. You may not care about tracking sodium, but if down the road you can't figure out why you aren't losing weight, sodium could likely be the culprit. The point of logging your food and drinks is so you have a record of what you ingest and it is a tool for figuring out where you may need to tweak your diet.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    thanks for your comments
This discussion has been closed.