Need some friends...

Options
Hi Everybody! My name is Jackie and I'm in the OC area. I've been on here for about a month now. I love this site! Finally ready to introduce myself. I actually lost about 38lbs. 7 years ago and kept it up for 4 years, but the weight slowly came back the last three years. I completely just let myself go. I'm finally serious about losing some weight. Especially since I'm getting married this year. I Need all the encouragement I can get and I will do my best to reciprocate. So please free free to add me!

Replies

• guitargirl2011
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'm always looking for more weight loss buddies! The more support you have the better off you'll be!
  • steph_669
    steph_669 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat! we should be friends. Lost close to 60 lbs back in 2004, kept it off, give or take 8-10 lbs...but now tryin to get down to healthy BMI- weight goal is 130lbs...then we'll see if I wanna keep going!!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it's great here!:flowerforyou:
  • Patricia50
    Patricia50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Jackie! I'm feeling you girl~! I just re-started my weight loss regime. I spent 28 years in the Army and am now retired since 1 Nov 08. I decided that after 28 years I needed a rest. Well, I've rested for the past 2 years and I'm ready to get my life and my weight back on track. I know what to do and how to do it, but I also know that I'm will be more successful if I view this journey from as a lifestyle change, and not from a "weight loss" perspective. You said it yourself, you've done it before. But, we often let our over-confidence in losing weight, lead us to believe that "we've done it!" so we start to "slide" back into old eating habits. I'm on week 2 and I already feel better. I have not weighed myself, but I already see the success in my arms, abs, and how my clothing fits. Go to it Jackie, you know what to do, regain your discipline, don't do it for weight loss or even for your wedding or future husband. Make up in your mind that you're going to do it for your life, your health and yourself!:wink: