Motivation

lucigetskinny
lucigetskinny Posts: 7
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Today is my first day I just signed up. I have been thick for most of my life and have been yo yo dieting for a while. My goal is to lose 40 lbs by July and hopfully more. I know what I need to do but I cant find my mojo! Does anyone have any tips for me? I need to do this for me and be happy and confident again. I lost 20 lbs about a year ago and felt great but of course it all came back. I have the support I just need ideas and tips please help

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Welcome!

Take it one day at a time. This is a great site for support. Log in, keep track of your calories eaten and what exercise you do.
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    welcome!!! this site is awesome!!! you're gonna love it :)
  • You are taking the first step, that is great! Don't try to lose the weight too quickly, none of us put it on overnight!!! Make smaller, short term goals to boost your confidence and be able to see steady progress. Take one day at a time and don't get discouraged if it takes longer than the goal you set.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    no more dieting, time for a lifestyle change it's the only way that it will work . you can do this i have been obese my whole adult life according to my doctor my husband says that i'm just thick. But slowly but surely it's coming off. steady exercise and balanced eating is the way to do it.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    1st thing that you need is the right mind set. I've tried in the past but my mind was not there. Once you have set your mind to do it. Your body will follow. This site has helped me reduce my food glutoneous (not sure if word exist):happy:

2nd continue reminding yourself why you're doing it.

3rd find your inner motivation. Sometimes you can't depend on others for the motivation, it has to come from within.

I hope this helps.
    :heart:
  • thanks guys this is great information! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.