H2O how much do you drink?

Options
Just for kicks I was wondering how much water you drink on a daily basics. Why you drink that amount? And how you make sure you get that amount? As for me I average 109 oz every day. I start every morning out with 3 cups of coffee with almond milk, which I personally dont count toward water. At breakfast I have a 12 oz glass with my meal. Shortly afterwards I fill up a 32 oz bottle, which i set next to my chair and drank from throughout the morning. Next, I have a 33 oz bottle for the gym, which is around noon when I go. When I get back to the house I fill my 32 oz up once again and finish it off normally 2 hours before bed. (I dont like waking up to go lol). On non workout days I dont drink as much, due to I didnt sweat my booty off. I feel as long as I am active 100 oz is a good number for me. I have read that one should drink half there body weight in oz a day. Really that would be 95 oz for me, so I consider myself okay with my water intake. For those of you who dont drink your water, try it. It really does make a difference.

Replies

• TamekaBohorquez
    TamekaBohorquez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    On a good day I drink approximately 132 oz, on a bad day I may drink 33 to 66 oz. I drink that amount because that's really what I'm suppose to be drinking and I work M-F 8-5 so I drink my 132 oz before 5, or else I will be in the bathroom all night. I really can't tell though that the water is doing anything for me. I've heard that you can lose weight just by replacing all your fluids with water and not really changing your eating habits. Have you heard the same? What benefits have you enjoyed from drinking your water?
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Not enough that's for sure. I bring a 24 oz bottle with me to work every day just to get in 3. I drink alot of coffee which doesn't count.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    I drink 1gallon a day at minimum, why well because I lift weights and it helps in the recovery of muscles.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    during the week I try to get 8-10 cups a day. I include my green tea as water but not my coffee. I wish I could drink more but I fear if I did I would be up all night. Weekends are really hard for me. I always slack on the water intake on the weekends. That's something I need to work on.
  • 23sdlsdfoi98
    Options
    I drink about 2.5L roughly. But I only drink if I'm actually thirsty, I don't force myself to drink more if I'm not. I workout everyday so that's pretty much steady for me. Water is actually the only thing I drink. I hate coffee and pop. And juice is too many cals, so it's easy to drink enough water.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I drink around ~100oz give or take depending on the day. But I drink a lot of (decaf) coffee and Gatorade as well, so the 100oz is about all I can stomach if I don't want to carry a port-a-potty with me everywhere i go. LOL
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I normally drink about 10-12 glasses of water per day. not sure if this is enough but thats where im at right now.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Try to get in my 8 glasses a day...but lately it has been about 5.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm usually getting in around 96 or so ounces. I'm usually going through 2 liters a day (around 66 oz. while at work), and drink the rest at home. I recycle the liter bottles all the time (re-filling them with tap), so it is easy to keep track, and I always have one near frozen/super-chilled ready to go.

I used to be a soda addict, but I don't do coffee or tea, so it is pretty strictly water for me.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Just under 100 ounces of water and a cup or two of brewed green tea a day (not sure if that counts). I keep a 32 ounce water bottle at work and make sure I drink about two of those during the day, plus what I drink at home.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    just water, erm none.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    This is something I struggle with so much. I am just not much of a drinker period. I only like to drink if I am eating. Just to sit around and drink is not something I regularly do. So that being said, I am good if I get in 2 bottles of water. (16.9 oz each) I really, really need to work on this. I can not fathom drinking 100 oz of water! That blows my mind. :noway: But I know I need to start getting in way more.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I normally drink around 80 ounces a day. I have heard that you should aim for half of your body weight or more in ounces, so I'm definitely drinking more than that. It's about 10 cups total that I have.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I drink about 100 oz. a day. I drink 16 oz with my morning workout. Then I drink about 4 or 5 bottles from the cooler at work. Then when I get home I drink another 16-32 oz throught the evening. I have no idea why I drink so much. I just always have my whole life. I dont' drink anything else but water almost everyday. If I don't drink at least 80 oz I get really thirsty before bed. I even had the dr. check me for diabetes since I am always so thirsty, but I am fine. Guess my body just REALLY loves water.
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    stupid double post, sorry.
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I average about 120 ounces per day. On days I really rock the workout it may be as much as 170. I use a 24 ounce pop top bottled water bottle, filled up with tap water. I am also breastfeeding, so I need to keep it higher than the normal 8 - 8 ounce glasses ( 64 ounces )
  • stepphanie
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 12 - 20 cups a day! Its 12:30 here and I have had 9 cups!
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    omyygosh how do you guys drink soo much? i struggle hard just getting 64ounces in.. 100+ holy $%&*! :-) guess i got a lotta work to do.