Diabetic

wnbamom
wnbamom Posts: 1
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
well, hello there. my name is Peggy and im a newly dx Diabetic and trying to cut carbs and sugar...
figured at my age, i could just go on eating whatever i wanted too, so now, at 66...I can't.. go figure.
loving the site to be able to pick my foods and record them without having to write them out and lose them.
it does all the figuring for you and i really like that...thanks for being here...Peggy

Replies

• riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Hi Peggy!! I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few years ago. It was really hard counting carbs and keeping everything straight. I've only been on MFP here for 40 days, but I love it!!! I'm doing so good now that most days, I struggle to reach the number of carbs they set for me. Which is great because my numbers are looking a lot better, and I don't have to take as much medicine. :happy:
  • habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Hi Peggy, Welcome! :flowerforyou: I've been using MFP since January and I'm hooked! My dad (67 years old) is diabetic too, and sadly won't take care of himself. I'm working on losing weight and getting in better health so I can avoid becoming diabetic myself. I hope you stick with MFP and keep up the good work! Send a request if you'd like add a friend!
  • Hi Peggy, I am new I posted an introduction but cant see it. Just started today. I am 53 and type 2 and man I have to lose weight. I am mom for two grandson 8 and 7 so I have to stick around till they grow up Here for you
  • Peggy not sure how to use the application but if you need someone let me know. I have mobile app but still don't know how to use anything. Any help would be great. thanks
This discussion has been closed.