Ditched the scale!!!!

Options
Coco_Puff
Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
Well, I've lost all respect for my scale. They say to rid yourself of negative people or things that make you unhappy, and there is nothing that can bring me down like this stupid SCALE!!!!! I have been with MFP for two weeks and have never felt better!!!! I workout 5 days a week, eat the right foods and have given up diet cokes. I'm even drinking at least 64 oz. per day of water. My results? I can wear my jeans!!!! It's only been two weeks and I can see a difference in how my clothes fit. I can even see with my own eyes that I'm slimming down. So I say to the scale, no more will I drive myself crazy to hit a number. From this day forward I am free of you and moving on to a better me!!!!

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    awesome!!:flowerforyou:
  • thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I only weigh in once every two weeks for that sole purpose! I see results and feel great! The scale is just a number. Plus I love how I feel during the day. I am not tired, stressed, or as tense at work! That is a huge plus. The numbers on the scale can not reflect that!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Great !!! The scale say I have lost 6-7 pounds since november. My pants tell me I have gone from size 10-12 to size 4-6. The scale is like a biatchy friend !!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll.
  • Deidra_50
    Deidra_50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Scales are for fish =) I threw out my scale years ago. I find that when clothes that you haven't worn in years start fitting better is the first indication that you are making progress. I have saved some jeans from 8 years ago when I was a size 4. When those jeans do fit, then I can congratulate myself on a job well done.

Keep the success going!!!!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I need to do this too. I saw a post on MFP that someone else had put up this blog
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

it really helped me realize that there are SO Many contributors to weight. water retention, bloating, chronic inflammation, foods that are negatively reacting in your system ANYTHING.
  • Deidra_50
    Deidra_50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and so true. People get discouraged when they don't see the scale numbers go down. That can be the death of progress. Seriously!!! Ditch the scale. Give it away, pack it away, throw it away.
  • ellen1980
    Options
    Good for you!! I too use to be a slave to the scale, weighing myself every day or every other and getting angry and upset with the results. So I too have hidden the scale and will only pull it out every 2 weeks or so. It's hard at first to get use to not weighing in all the time, but it's for the better of my mental health!!LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!