Advice please

Options
I think I am going to try a detox next week to get a jump start on these pounds that need to come off. Any suggestions~~~~~ :blushing:

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Don't dooooo it!!!!!
    Your body naturally detoxes itself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18595886/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Every time I try that I go crazy eat too much after the 3rd day and realize I suffered for 2 days for nothing I would pass. Just add more veggies and fruit in and have a week of clean eating no boxed crap:)

Alisha
  • harpcason
    Options
    Each time that I tried that (Cabbage Soup), I was sooooo irritated and cranky. I just don't do it it any more. I feel best when eat normal, but not over eating, and workout. When I am happy, most all is happy. :-)
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    dont do it money wasted body does it on its own. eat clean for the week if you really want to clean out and help your body.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    same here once you go back to eating normally you probably gain back 90% of the weight... you would be better off doing it the healthier way dieting and exercising
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did one in January ... I did detox tea, no meats, more veggies and fruits. ONLY 1 week. The detox tea can be up to 30 days. It is good to cleanse your body every season. I have also tried colon hydrotherapy a few times and it helps.
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy and exercising is the best detox you can make (and it is for the rest of your life). So, don't do anything radical, it doesn't worth it.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Lemonade diet. I have the recipe for it if you want it. I have heard it's really hard though as they recommend going ten days and then you have to ease your way back to eating normal. I have never tried it because i am not brave enough, but one of my closest friends is a 7 day Adventist and she does this 2 times a year for years and swears by it, not for weight loss though. Its supposed to remove toxins from your body. For her the weight loss is just an added benefit. Also you could always try a colon cleanse from a health food store, the pill form (not the hose in your derriere). :blushing: Sounds gross i know!!!!! My dad is doing something similar, but he is eating purely vegan for a heart condition, no fats, just fruit vegetables, legumes and oil free bread.
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy and exercising is the best detox you can make (and it is for the rest of your life). So, don't do anything radical, it doesn't worth it.

I agree with not going radical, it can cause more harm than good. Water is the best detox you can use. It cleans you if you drink enough.
  • katikati
    Options
    Let your liver do its job that it does every day all by it's self!! Drink plenty of water and eat fresh food lovingly prepared ..:flowerforyou:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I agree. Jump start by being patient with yourself and eating healthy and exercising regularly. If you want the weight loss to last, it's a "for the rest of your life" mentality. And trust me, it's worth it.