Pineapple cake

Options
1 Box Angle Food Cake mix
1 regular size can of crushed pineapple

empty both ingredients into a bowl and stir until well mixed. Use the whole can of pineapple , liquid and all. The mixture will start to puff up and look nice and smooth. pour into a 13x9 pan that you have lightly sprayed with pam. Bake 350 about 30 min. Test as you would a regular cake. This is exellent served with cool whip.

This recipe is pretty much fat free, low cal , and very tasty. Hope you try it and let us know what you think.

Replies

• MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options

empty both ingredients into a bowl and stir until well mixed. Use the whole can of pineapple , liquid and all. The mixture will start to puff up and look nice and smooth. pour into a 13x9 pan that you have lightly sprayed with pam. Bake 350 about 30 min. Test as you would a regular cake. This is exellent served with cool whip.

This recipe is pretty much fat free, low cal , and very tasty. Hope you try it and let us know what you think.

I might just make this for my family tonight! Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    mmmm sounds good! ecspecially with fat free cool whip! i will try it for sure! thanks for the post!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    What size is your "regular size" can in ounces?
  • rgustin
    rgustin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing and have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    20 oz is what mine calls for.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've made this several times and have been asked to make it again and again. It's a keeper!
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump, sounds great!
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    Bump! that sounds delish!
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mmm! Bump!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I JUST made this and it it is delish! I'll have to figure out the added calories if I add Coconut for next time to make it like a Pina colada cake :)
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love my 2nd cousin aunt helen's old fashioned recipe for pineapple cake.

but i need a low fat version! can't wait to try this!:bigsmile:
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite foods...pineapple and angel food cake. Yum!
  • rosieg32
    Options
    sounds awesome......added ingredients to my grocery list....can't wait to try it.....Thanks!
  • chasityrice
    Options
    It's also good if you put in the fridge!!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Bump
  • MARGIE463
    Options
    BUMP
  • MRudman
    MRudman Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I just made and tasted your cake! It is fantabulous!!!!!! Thanks so much!:bigsmile:
  • jnam7619
    jnam7619 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That does sound good, why have you never shared these recipes with me in the past?
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options