Smart Balance spray butter?

Options
So I recently bought the smart balance spray butter just to add a little flavor to things (I'm not much of a butter eater to begin with so this is just perfect for me). On the nutritional facts there is no fat, no calories, no sodium, NOTHING at all. This seems odd to me. Is this somehow unhealthy despite it being zero fat and zero calories?

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on where your food values lie. I avoid that stuff based on the chemicals in it. Good nutirtion is about way more than calories and fat, or lack thereof. xo :flowerforyou:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It depends on your definition of unhealthy. The ingredient list contains a lot of chemicals and preservatives which probably have few, if any, calories. To me that is unhealthy, but I tend to avoid those kind of products. If "healthy" to you means no calories or fat then it is probably fine in limited quantities.

Ingredients:
    Organic Soy Beverage (Water, Defatted Organic Soybeans)Organic Soy Oil, Salt, Buttermilk, Lactic Acid, Soy Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, TBHQ and Calcium Disodium EDTA to Preserve Freshness, Natural and Artificial Flavor,
  • lakewoodloser
    Options
    Looks fine, I'd eat it. 'Nothing in it' is a trick of the tiny serving size, and the fact that it's mostly water. I eat worse things than that, all the time.