Zumba DVD review

Options
Anyone have one? I have been to a few zumba classes and what I have learned is that the teacher makes it or brakes it. The best teacher I have found is a very inconvenient 30 min away, more expensive, and at a worse time of day for me. So I was wondering for anyone who bought the zumba DVD set- how do you like it? Can you compare it to a live class? Pros/cons?
Thanks!
J

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    The basic steps are covered in detail, there are a few extra routines like Abs, and there is a Party segment on the Zumba DVDs I have.. The problem with any DVD is you doing the same thing over and over, same people, same music. It's good as a fill-in when you need it, though. The benefit is how fast and easy it is to do any time you need it. . . .and you can do it in your rattiest old jammies if you want to.
  • twinkier
    twinkier Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have done both (classes and the DVD). I Love them both, however, I did prefer the live class format (I just think I am more of a social person). Both are very good as far as the workout itself (very high impact). I like the convenience of doing it in my home too though as well as being able to use the various videos in the series. I also don't have to wait for a class I can just put in the DVD when I want to. I will say that you will get a great workout either way.
  • Je21mp3
    Options
    OK so I'm a Zumba NUT! And that's putting in lightly lol. I have the DVD's but I hardly use them ( I know right). They are good, a lot of basics, you can get more advanced ones as well. I prefer classes or learning them off youtube! My instructor is awesome and she lets me teach roughly 3 songs a semester and we are working on getting me certified so that I can teach. But seriously...try youtube...Haley Stone has some good videos on there and there are several that are good. Add me as a friend if you would like and let me know what you think. :)
    Jessi
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have done both (classes and the DVD). I Love them both, however, I did prefer the live class format (I just think I am more of a social person). Both are very good as far as the workout itself (very high impact). I like the convenience of doing it in my home too though as well as being able to use the various videos in the series. I also don't have to wait for a class I can just put in the DVD when I want to. I will say that you will get a great workout either way.

twinkier- what is your favorite Zumba DVD that you own? Just wondering- thanks!
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Love the DVDs!! I loved learning the moves in the comfort and privacy of my home. Detailed instructions for beginners. Makes going to the Live Classes less intimidating.

Dropped in on a Live Class 2 nights ago. A-Mazing!!!
  • ravenis5831
    ravenis5831 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to teach zumba before I started my current full time job, and yes we are instructed to express our individual style while keeping to the training. The DVD's are awesome, Beto is always fun to watch, and you get a good variety of sessions. I highly reccommend them. But I also recommend going to different classes with different instructors, each is unique and have different styles, so go to as many as you can! =)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options

twinkier- what is your favorite Zumba DVD that you own? Just wondering- thanks!

I love Zumba!! I take a class 3x's a week & I love it prob because it is a live class but I would love to get the DVD's for
    days I do not have class & just want to do it at home.
    Where is everyone getting their DVD's from??