When you begin to realize your success.....

Options
Every once in a while I will sit down and reflect back to the start of my weight loss journey and really begin to realize just how far I've come. Today is one of those days! I started my journey the day I delivered my 3rd child (Jan 2010) when I weighed in at my DR's office the day before I delivered at 252lbs. Although I was 9 months pregnant, I was also 165lbs before ever having kids.....So since then I have been trying to lose the weight. Today I realized that I have lost 76lbs over the course of a year and that when I get to my goal I will have lost a total of 102 pounds - like OMG, I can't believe that even know that I was 76lbs heavier...It's crazy. And I don't think I give myself enough credit for those 76lbs lost, but in reality I guess it's pretty big.....

I love hearing people's success stories, especially those who are similar to myself. It's very motivating!! And I hope one day when I reach my final goal that my story can be motivating for someone else!! :smile:

Replies

• stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Your story has already motivated people. Awesome!
  • tbranch3634
    Options
    i was reading this story and it was like someone had written it for me. I am a mother of five and my heaviest weight was 250 and over the last couple of years I have taken off 76 lbs and I don't give myself credit either. But i decided to go back to school and it has cut into my exercise time and these last 20 lbs are not coming off. Could use some encouragement.
  • ellen1980
    Options
    i was reading this story and it was like someone had written it for me. I am a mother of five and my heaviest weight was 250 and over the last couple of years I have taken off 76 lbs and I don't give myself credit either. But i decided to go back to school and it has cut into my exercise time and these last 20 lbs are not coming off. Could use some encouragement.
    I totally hear ya about the last 20! I feel like these last few pounds are taking forever to get rid of. In the beginning losing 2lbs per week was the norm for me and now, heck, I'm happy with 0.5lbs per week! I wish it would come off faster, but slow and steady wins the race - right?!!

Congrats on your success so far!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    great job both of you . . .If I got 76 lbs off I'd be right at my high school weight . . .please give yourself credit, you have done an awesome job and you can finish strong!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!