Need more time

Options
7 weeks ago today I became a new mom, I have been trying to work out for the last 7 days, and even though I have not gone back to work yet.. TIme is hard to find. I am sooo tired.. I am due to go back to work in 3 weeks. I am wondering if any one has suggestions on how to organize my time, and still fit in being a good mom... I don't want to lose time with her, but I realize I need time for me too,,,

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Its still early for you, its only been 7 weeks! You can try doing something while she's napping, or weather permitting, take her out for a walk while she is napping? Congrats and best wishes!!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oh girl..nap when she naps! As far as time with her goes...I'm guessing you are pretty well with her around the clock right now and will rush right home after work to see her! With that said...it does no child good to have a mom who is tired and feels cruddy. Now is the time to start a habit while she is awake. Unless she is a fussy baby , she will be happy to look at her pretty mommy's face while she is excercising! You will both feel better for it! So exciting...congrats on mommyhood!
  • dragonflytwt
    dragonflytwt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am a working mother of two little girls, 4 and 1. It's hard to find the time to workout, especially with a newborn. I tried several different options to fit in working out after having my first, at night after bed, during nap time, when I got home from work. After she started sleeping though the night I found that getting up early in the morning and exercising before she got up or before work was best for me. That way I am able to have some me time as well, workout, get cleaned up all before my kids get up. It's hard to get up in the morning for me, but the best option. My advice is try different options and find out what's best for you.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You are right, you do need you time. As a mom of an 11 1/2 yr old daughter and also a home daycare mom, enjoy every second with your new little one! Go for walks with the baby in a stroller, jogging ones are awesome, go for hikes with baby in a pack, front or back, you can do floor exercises with baby as the weight too!
    I was a mom that wanted to spedn every moment I could with my daughter so I did everything I could to incorporate her into my me time. Strange I knwo! I still do it all these years later.
    I now go to classes to do Zumba which I absolutely love. When my daughter was younger, I joined the YMCA so she could go to "babysitting" while I worked out.
    I workout at night as I am not a morning person. I schedule from 6:45-8:15 every night as me time and as Daddy & daughter time. Some nights it becomes family time but at least I know it can be my time. Right now the babies schedule is probably far more crazy than it soon will be. Personally I would do lots of floor type exercises with the baby as weight or while she si doing ehr own tummy time or something. Also I loved walks and hikes as well. The biggest challenge you will eventually find is not picking off their plates when tehy don't finish all the food!! LOL
    Good luck to you and the most important thing is do what your heart tells you to do and you will be the best mom you can be! Feel free to add me as a friend. I swear I won't make all my responses this long! LOL
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break! You have a new baby, and the time goes by so fast. Enjoy your time with her, and don't stress about working out. If you relax with her, you'll get your energy back. You are so blessed. At MFP we're all about lifestyle change for the better. Your lifestyle has changed, girl! You'll find your rhythm. Give yourself time to get used to your new life and relishing the time with your new little girl. Take a nap. When you're back at work, you'll miss this time. Relish every minute. She's going to grow up so fast. I foresee lots of workouts in your future. In the meantime, cuddle and coo. :)
  • svilla13
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You all nailed it.. my delima was workout, or play.. I know I need some time for me, and I need to get healthier.. especially if we are going to try for baby number 2 in 10 months.. I am glad I joind this site... it's nice to have so many people offer tips,,, it's nice to have some options, to see what works best!