Anyone else out there training for a 1/2 or full marathon?

Options
I would like to meet more of y'all MFP'ers that are into the arts of unnecessary chafing and dull muscle aches. I have done 9 half marathons and 2 marathons and have several on my schedule for 2011 (one of which being my wedding which will be at mile 10 of my favorite race :-)).

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Thats so cool that you are getting married during a race!!! I do half marathons (2 this year, so far) and have done a marathon before.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    That's amazing that you are getting married during a half!

I'm currently training for the Illinois (1/2) Marathon, but have had the flu all week so that blows. And I'm doing a half in May in Salt Lake City!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Training for a half marathon this Spring and a full marathon for the Fall. Ive done three marathons so far. Love training for them and love the experience of the race!! I feel so blessed to be able to do them! One day I hope to qualify for Boston. That might be a stretch but that's okay. I like a challenge!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming half marathon marriage! :)

I'm currently training for my first half, to be held on September 24.

Feel free to send me a friend request, if you'd like. Would be great to have more runner friends. :)
  • cheangela
    Options
    We're actually getting married during the full marathon :-)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Ahh, very cool! In that case, congrats on your upcoming marathon marriage! ;)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i'm training for one on june 5th. it will be my first. :)

edit: i guess i should clarify that i'm training for a half marathon. lol.