Work it out...

Options
I'm in high school now and have a treadmill in my home but find it difficult to get on it for 30 minutes. I'm going to college soon and want to know... how do I make time to work out when in school? Thanks

Replies

• dolphinstar106
    Options
    The best trick ive found to getting everything done is to get up and hour earlier and make the time for it then. If you're wooried about not getting enough sleep then gop to bed thata mount of time earlier.

I find it easier to exercise in the morning as its gets it out of the way, then also wakes you up.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    maybe you are bored with the specific work out you tried...try to make working out something you enjoy like zumba, spinning, yoga, outside running, etc. I have to get my work outs done in the morning since I generally study at night...this wakes me up and gets it out of the way for the day.

Good luck...and working out during college will help your body and your grades!
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    College is a lot more flexible than high school. You get to choose your classes and the vast majority of the time is spent studying and preparing for class compared to the hours you are actually in class. First thing in the morning seems to be the best for me, otherwise right when I get home before I sit down or start doing anything lazy.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    The same way that people who work for 12 hours a day and come home to a houseful of kids finds time. :flowerforyou:

If college is anything like when I went, there's plenty of time. It's CHOOSING to use it for working out instead of keg parties, watching dozens of hours of tv and just hanging out.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    when i was in college, i would go to the gym with my girls or we'd take over a lounge in the dorms (rooms weren't big enough) & hook up one of our dvd players & do a workout like that, plus cheer leading & soccer. you'll find ways that are more fun than trying to motivate yourself to get on a treadmill alone at home (& i watch tv when i'm on the elliptical or treadmill so i'm distracted & spend more time on it, shows like i used to be fat & heavy are motivating!) :o) good luck!