Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal

Options
ashleyk_xox
ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
Ingredients
1/2-1 cup Oatmeal
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (low in sugar and carbs)
1/2 -1 tsp. Regular Peanut Butter
Splenda (Brown Sugar Blend)
Hot water

Directions
Blend all ingredients (water last) and blend all together. Enjoy!

Replies

• JohnnyPolo23
    Options
    That sounds tasty! I'll have to give that a try.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy,Another one everyone can tr...... better oats lavish chocolate,Its the best when you are craving sweets
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    i ate this everyday for 2 years. I now sometimes just eat it with PB or if I use the protein I am really liking the vanilla. Minus the brown sugar. I used splenda white sugar instead.
  • mcmurrae
    Options
    hate to ask a dumb questions... but there goes.... is the oatmeal instant oatmeal? do you cook it first? i don't ever make oatmeal so I just wondered...
    thanks!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    This sounds good! I would use regular one minute oats. I think the packaged oatmeals have lots of sugar in them.
  • bp1140
    bp1140 Posts: 24
    Options
    SOunds delicious! Now I have to ask... how many calories?
    Thanks!!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter mixed into oatmeal is one of the greatest combos ever! I make mine by mixing oatmeal with natural PB (no sugar), raisins, and a splash of nonfat milk. Sometimes I'll add a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Tastes like heaven!

Sharon
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    sounds really tasty. do you have the nutrition information - calories, fat, sugar, etc.?
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    My recipe (w/o protein powder) is 285 calories, 38g carbs, 10g fat, 11g protein

Coach's Oats - Whole Grain Oatmeal, 0.25 cup dry
    Raisins - Seedless, 1/8 cup (not packed)
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.1 cup
    365 - Organic Creamy Peanut Butter (Per Label), 1 tbsp

The only sugar is whatever is naturally occuring in the raisins and the milk.

Sharon
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I call it *PMS* oatmeal. I cook my 1/2 cup oats (or oat bran) w/ 1 cup of water, then add 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology + 1 T. Natural PB. YUM! :bigsmile:
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The calories depends on the amount of calories in your protein powder. For 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 TBS of JIFF peanut butter you are getting 198 calories. Then you add your calories from your protein powder.
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Might have to give this a try..... thanx for sharing !!
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    for those who don't have or want to use chocolate protein powder you can use dark chocolate cocoa powder.
  • barbdip
    barbdip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump