HRM

kayelkay
kayelkay Posts: 40
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have any reccomendations for a good, affordable HRM? I'm willing to spend up to $100. (possibly more tho)

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    I got a Polar FT4 with tax was $100... it's amazing! Has a chest strap, and is very accurate... I'm totally in love with mine!
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    New Balance N4 Heart Rate Monitor. $69.99 plus tax at Target. Has a chest strap, continuous monitoring and calorie burn. Work fantastic. Love it!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    I have a Sportsline S7. I got it at Walmart for around $30. It shows calories burned during workouts. It doesn't have a chest strap though so you have to periodically push the button for your heart rate during workouts. I've had it over a year and its worked great the whole time.
  • I have a Mio Drive Petite, got it at, believe it or not Staples for $37.99. No chest strap so you have to periodically check by pressing the buttons on the side. The more you check your heart rate the more accurate it is. I like it a lot but next time I will probably get one with a chest strap so I don't have to keep pressing the buttons to check my heart rate.

Good luck there are a lot out there to choose from
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    I asked the same questiong a few days ago, and from the responses I got, it sounds like the Polar brand is the way to go. I ordered the Polar FT40, on ebay for half price. I'd check amazon too because they had some for lower prices. This is the product description for the FT40:
    Monitor calories used with the Polar OwnCal feature and fat burn with the EnergyPointer calculator while the built-in fitness test assesses your aerobic fitness at rest to a graphical target zone indicator helps you keep up the pace View your heart rate as the percent of your maximum heart rate or as beats per minute (BPM) with the wireless ECG accurate heart rate Establish your manual target zone which is calculated from your BPM's upper limit to you get an audible and visual alarm when you reach a target zone Keep track of your progress with up to 50 exercise files to monitor records exercise date, HR-based target zones (you know when you reach them thanks to audible and visual alarms), average heart rate, calorie expenditure, exercise time, and maximum heart rate Monitor your heart with the WearLink 31 coded transmitter(chest strap). Along with exercise-ready functions, you get an alarm clock with a snooze feature, date, and weekday indicator, dual time zone monitor, and a low battery indicator Make this watch work for you anywhere with a backlit face, water-resistance to 30 meters, and volume setting Specifications.
    Hope this helps!!
This discussion has been closed.