Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
Ok well I am thinking about investing in an HRM... what are some good ones, preferably not too super pricey, which ones do you guys use and seem to find the most reliable??

Replies

• Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Polar ft7 $100
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    Walmart 30 dollars
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and really like it. It's not complicated and was about $80 on Amazon.com.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin forerunner 110, its a HRM and a GPS watch that tells me how far I have run, how fast, and how many calories (if i ever put the chest strap on)

I have heard that Polar make good HRM's and are cheaper in the US than the UK (but most things are!)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    dejavu!

Just posted this in another thread ... but if you want a 'good' one you might have to spend $ .. I won a Mio on Ebay for 9.99$ shipped and seemed happy with it at first, then a few weeks down the road found I was really unhappy with the innacuracy of the calorie burning.

I did a few weeks of research! A LOT OF RESEARCH on them, and I read a lot of complaints about Timex and mio (mio is my personal complaint - and it's strapless) ...

In my research what I found is Polar seems to be the best (I don' t know 100% yet cuz I Am still waiting for mine from Ebay)

ALWAYS READ CONSUMER REVIEWS ON ONE YOUR LOOKING AT BEFORE BUYING

I do this with everything I buy ... Anyways, with POlar, most heart rate monitors they sell, you can upload the data to your computer, and on Polars website it stores it and tracks your progress ... I am training for a half marathon, so I invested a lot into this watch.

Searching online and in stores I coudln't find it for under 260$ but I found it on Ebay for 170$ new in box shipped :)

Woop!

She's pretty!

ft60purple.jpg
  • MissAllison
    Options
    I did a ton of research and got the Polar FT60 as well (same one pictured in previous post). It is pricey, but I LOVE it. I've only had it a couple of weeks, but so far, I feel it has been worth the expense. I was worried that the strap would bother me, but it doesn't and is very easy to use.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I did a ton of research and got the Polar FT60 as well. It is pricey, but I LOVE it. I've only had it a couple of weeks, but so far, I feel it has been worth the expense.

I'm going to be picking your brain when I finally get it! haha ... Shipped MOnday will hopefully see it next week! Did you get the flowlink do you use it? I bought one on Ebay yesterday ...
  • MissAllison
    Options
    I did a ton of research and got the Polar FT60 as well. It is pricey, but I LOVE it. I've only had it a couple of weeks, but so far, I feel it has been worth the expense.

I'm going to be picking your brain when I finally get it! haha ... Shipped MOnday will hopefully see it next week! Did you get the flowlink do you use it? I bought one on Ebay yesterday ...

no, didn't get any of the extras yet, but I probably will be investing in them soon (wanted to make sure I liked it first, and I do...). That's one reason I went with the FT60 - because you could add accessories to it like the distance tracker/bike thing. You'll love it!