Ab Circle Pro?????

Options
Needing/wanting to tone my core!!!! I've read a lot of mixed reviews online. What do my fellow MFP users think about this machine?! (the Ab Circle Pro)

Replies

• CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I had it for a while. Didnt see any results with it, and it actually made my back hurt (alot) definately dont recommend it!! I returned mine LOL----I do recommend the Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack dvd!! I have only been at it for two weeks and can already see a big difference!
  • cjfoster
    Options
    there are mixed revviews on amazon.com--one common theme seems to be replacing parts.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in spot reduction, which is why I have my doubts about this machine. It will probably strengthen your core, which is great, but don't expect a flat stomach and a six-pack using this machine alone.

The commercials make it seem as if doing the machine 30 minutes a day will make you look like the lady in the commercials. It won't. But any exercise is better than no exercise.

I'm cheap, so I'd just stick with a medicine ball and a yoga mat for a strong core, but if this will motivate you to exercise, then go for it. :)
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OK I have one... you do get a workout from using it (only on your core and a little upper body) but it doesn't help a whole lot with the flab...I had a C-section and that flab is only going to come off with diet :-(. The machine is decent, but it is tough to do longer than 4 min at a time!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have the Ab glider by proform. I really like it! I does work your arms too, and it will make your back a little sore at first. I don't feel it alot going from side to side, but the front and back and cross action motions make my abs sore the next day. It doesn't burn very many calories, but normal crunches or sit-ups don't either. It does have a monitor on it that will tell you how many calories burned, reps, and time. I looked at both the Ab Glider and The Ab Cirle Pro, both had mixed reviews but I'm glad I went with the one I did. It doesn't fold up, so it does take up some room. Hope this helps!!
  • sailorlindsey
    Options
    I have one of them and have owned it since they first came out. I only work out on it for 3 minutes a day but it helped me to lose 80lbs before I had my son. Now I am using it again to lose that extra baby fluff. If you use it along with drinking plenty of water & a healthy food lifestyle it really does help. I learned, as I suspect most of us have, that there is no magic machine or pill that gets rid of the fluff we have added to our mid sections. However this machine has helped me get smaller before and I have faith it will help me again as long as I stay true to my workout routine and eating habits. Good luck you can do it! :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If you CAN'T and WON'T do ab exercises for free, buying a machine won't help you either. The novelty will wear out after about a week and it will become a clothes hanger.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If you CAN'T and WON'T do ab exercises for free, buying a machine won't help you either. The novelty will wear out after about a week and it will become a clothes hanger.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Not all ab exercises are equal. If a person has problems where they can't do floor work, a machine might be a better alternative.
  • thamilton1988
    Options
    I love my ab circle pro! It feels great stretching out my back and cyatic nerve! I would just like to know the actually answer to the question at hand....how many calories do you burn using the ab circle pro. I do the 30 minute workout and need to log it into my workout on MFP! Does anyone know the real answer to this. I'm tempted to write the company!
  • Heather0310
    Options
    How many calories do you burn anyone know? I have one and I use it 12 min a day but I don't know how many calories I'm burning???
  • xobecks86ox
    Options
    I used mine faithfully for 2 months, 2X a day and I did notice a difference. I've always had big love handles and it did make then smaller of course with other exercise as well ( :
  • xobecks86ox
    Options
    I don't know how accurate but by this site, it doesn't burn much
    http://www.bootsdiets.com/calories_burned/in_the_home/ab_circle_pro.html
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great way to waste $50.00.

"Toned" means having muscle with little fat. You get there through having a clean diet/calorie deficit and building muscle. How is that machine going to accomplish this?
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It'll make a nice rack to hang your cloths on but don't see it doing anything special for your core ( that you couldn't do with crunches or side bends)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You can do 10,000 crunches a day, but if your body has fat in other areas to burn it will take from there. On most people the midsection is the last place that fat is taken for fuel. Core work can/will increase the strength in your core but won't remove fat directly from it. You can also strengthen your core through compound movements, along with a higher calorie burn.

A "toned" midsection comes from lowered BF%, achieved through.

Diet (modest caloric deficit) + Work (cardio AND compound strength) + Patience.

You can reach a smaller midsection with just 1 & 3, but may not like the results if you don't put in the work too. You'll notice many on this site that have nice midsections do little isolated ab work.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    OP, you have to take the time to learn about fitness and diet. This thing, and all the other "ab devices" are crap.

They literally have to pay the models money for them to use one, and the models sure as hell never got their bodies that way... looks like fun though.

A good starting point is a book called "New Rules of Lifting for Women". You don't need to follow the program at the end of the book, but the other information in this book will save you a lot of time and money.

And here's a post you should read if you don't want to buy the book. Read the first response:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1121899-lean-women-w-abs-how-did-you-do-it