New to Myfitnesspal!!

Options
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I am new to this site, but have been exercising and watching calorie intake for about a week and a half now. Amazingly I have lost about 1.5-2 pounds before coming to this site. I am super excited to be doing this and am ready to shed the pounds!!!

5143494.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Welcome! The site is awesome and the support is overwhelming!! Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great place and a wonderful tool that everyone should use in their weight loss journey. Everyone here is so supportive and encouraging... it's like one big giant happy family. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • rsfameni
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too! add me, and we can support each other, because I'm beginning to see how important that is!
  • mistyhebert
    Options
    i am new here too i have lost anything yet just started yesterday but i do wish you luck and feel free to add me
  • slcardinal2598
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I am always looking for more support!! To be honest I was quite down about my weight. I stopped smoking a year ago and became a housemother. Since then I have gained 55 pounds. Before I started "dieting" I lost 7 lbs, since I started I have lost about 1-1 1/2 lbs, but I just started a little over a week ago or so. With summer coming up and lots of other outdoor activities I really want to be in shape and look good.

Does anyone have any good exercises or tip to share without using any machines or weights.....maybe substitute household items for weights. I am looking at getting some exercise tubing soon. Right now am using the Wii and regular old exercises.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good exercises or tip to share without using any machines or weights.....maybe substitute household items for weights. I am looking at getting some exercise tubing soon. Right now am using the Wii and regular old exercises.

Walking is always great, its free, and you can do it anywhere! As far as household items as weights... canned goods can make some easy light weights, if you want a little heavier weights a gallon of milk works too!
  • mamacath
    Options
    hello & welcome aboard . would love to add you as a friend , this site is great and the support is amazing !!
  • middlegoss
    Options
    Welcome! I joined in Jan. and have lost 14 pounds. Tons of support. Make lots of friends. Still have 75 pounds to go but am doing it slowly but surely!! This is a great tool. You can add me if you would like to the more the merrier. Good luck!
  • slcardinal2598
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • mickeylover2001
    mickeylover2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see my end results love this already lost 2 lbs. this week just started on monday so it has not even been a week I'm eating 1300 calories a day it's been a little hard to say no to junk food but i know it will be great
  • slcardinal2598
    Options
    Good luck......I know how hard it is to say no to junk food. It is a battle I fight everyday!!!!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Ive been here since July 2010, I did well then I fell back into old habits and gained 10lbs. But now I feel that this time when I lose them I am saying goodbye to them forever. So now I'm kinda starting again.
    Still got a long way to go til my goal. But I have learnt that however desperate I am to see big numbers every weigh in, this isn't actually an episode of biggest loser, this is my life and slow and steady definitely wins the race!

I have great motivational friends on here. You just have to read the forums and not be shy of putting yourself out there and friend requesting the people that seem like they are the support you need from the replies they have given to others
    Good Luck