Encouraging friends/fitness pals wanted

Options
Hello All,

I've never thought I could or would count calories since I love to go to happy hour and well...eat:drinker: .

The cost of living on my own and saving for vacation has put the idea of re-joining a gym on the backburner. So i'm giving this MFP a try and its definately opened my eyes to how many calories I actually consume in a day. To be honest I've rarely come under my daily calorie goal and just need a little motivation in the food department. What types of breakfast foods and snacks are truly low in calories yet TASTY! Let's face it...I won't eat it if it doesn't taste good.

I'm hoping and praying this site will allow me to meet new friends trying to loose weight, stay fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Maybe even start a workout group for those that live near me (Renton)?

Replies

• ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate Special K cereal. Its delicious and good for you! I love happy hour as well. It is a struggle but this site has many inspirational members :)
  • chubby1978
    Options
    I don't live near you but I would be willing encourage and help in anyway I can....I just started to open up to this idea and I think it really helps. Go ahead and add me and you can review my food diary and see if it gives you any ideas. I eat pretty simple, lots of whole foods. Do you have an ALDI Store by you? I find shopping there helps me same some money on groceries. So welcome abord and good luck! ;)
  • chubby1978
    Options
    **save**
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My food diary is public. I hope you can look at it and get some ideas. I was eating 1200 calories a day, but my doctor just upped it to 1500 because I was in "starvation mode" from exercising and not eating enough. When you see it you will be amazed at how much I eat! I am diabetic and I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. It is good to find encouraging friends on here. It seems overwhelming at first, but it gets easier. The more you log in what you eat, the more you will learn what foods are better choices. Take it slow. You can do this.
  • danicajt
    Options
    I love special k too! Especially the vanilla almond one. The problem is I never feel full after just 1 serving.
  • danicajt
    Options
    @chubby1978 we don't have Aldi in Seattle but i've been trying to find the best deal and clipping coupons. I'll check out your food diary to get shopping list ideas. Thanks for your encouragement :)
    @ahcoble....3 meals + 3 snacks? I will check out your diary because somehow i'm consuming all my calories in just 3 meals and oh soo hungry. Thanks for the support! You all are wonderful :)