30 day shred

Options
Just finished day 4 on 30 day shred, and I've gained 1.5 pounds! Anyone else experience weight gain?

Replies

• mjcaines72
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I gained some at first and then started losing but it typically takes my body a bit to "adjust" when I start or add new things.
  • Thunderella05
    Options
    Could be muscle mass that is causing you to gain weight, or PMS.
  • Lynschell
    Lynschell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine gained weight when starting this. We came to the conclusion that because it's very intense training that you actually gain a little at the beginning due to building muscle. but that's just an opinion.
  • brought
    Options
    @ MJcaines72 the 30 day shred is a workout program by Jillan Michaels.
  • jdoucet2011
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this site and saw your post topic. I actually just bought that DVD today so I am really glad that I read this or I would have been really P.Oed if I was working my butt off just to gain weight. But you guys are probably right about it being muscle gain I'm gonna go give it a shot. Good luck to everyone!!! :tongue:
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I gained weight doing that for the first 4 days as well. I also thought that the program was pretty easy. Stage 1 and 2 were especially easy. Stage 3 was just ok. I was very upset with the weight gain and I made a post about it as well. I stopped it after day 4. It wasn't a challenge for me and I was gaining weight. I went back to what I was doing before and what was working for me.

I am not saying that you should stop, I am just saying that I did. I am not interested in have the muscle definition that she does, and I certainly don't want the muscle definition that the one girl did that was doing the "harder" version of the exercises. I just want to be thinner and in shape. That was definitely not the video for me.
  • bethyfoofoo
    Options
    I didn't gain any weight when I got my dvd, but I was already working out at the gym for several weeks before I started. I bought it to add some variety to my exercise routine. Keep it up though, it will all benefit you in the end. Watch your food intake. Good luck!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain weight...but I didn't lose any either : ) I love the 30 Day Shred. I use it everyday.