P90X yoga

tslocum2001
tslocum2001 Posts: 23
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
So does anyone think it will make a huge difference if I skip the yoga day and just cardio up that day and maybe do a stretch? I really hate the yoga and it makes me end up not wanting to do the program>

Replies

• Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Today was my Yoga day and I actually skipped it and jumped on the treadmill for an hour instead..... I also hate it!!!!
  • mnerfariousl
    mnerfariousl Posts: 41 Member
    i just finished doing the p90x yoga like 5 mins ago...to be honest after all the sore muscles from monday...the yoga was a blessing...a nice good stretch...now i don't feel so stiff...:laugh:
  • I never do the yoga and just do a cardio day instead.
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    I am a P90X Yoga Hater. I hate it so much I quit P90X and got Turbo Fire, which is awesome and more woman-oriented. I am done that and have started incorporating other Chalean tapes and some of the better P90X workouts. You should enjoy your workout. They'll be painful sometimes, but no workout should be as mind-numbingly boring and as hard on your wrists as Yoga X. You can substitute the stretch X tape if you have nothing else, it drove me even crazier that Stretch X is just as bad as Yoga X, but mercifully shorter.
  • katacha999
    katacha999 Posts: 41 Member
    I did the P90X - including the yoga, although truth be told I cursed through the entire 1.5hrs! If it means you are not going to do the rest of the program? Don't do that yoga. Try and find a replacement yoga though, it is important.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    So does anyone think it will make a huge difference if I skip the yoga day and just cardio up that day and maybe do a stretch? I really hate the yoga and it makes me end up not wanting to do the program>

Look into P90X One on One Fountain of Youth Yoga. I have heard some great things about it and it is much shorter.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    I did the P90X Yoga for the first time and I was dreading it based on others' feedback. But I actually enjoyed it. I was sore from Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper-X (HATE ABRX!) and the Yoga stretched me out pretty good and I feel a lot less stiff than when I woke up this morning.

My opinion is the workout order is made for a reason and I don't plan to deviate other than maybe picking up an elliptical workout on the Strech-X or Rest Day.

I am not you, however, and I agree that there are some frustrating moves. I think Yoga-X may end up being my favorite workout when I find my balance and get more flexibile. 1112 calories burned doesn't hurt either!!

If not doing Yoga-X is the difference between doing P90X or not, then you should definitely substitute, but I would at least use the Stretch-X or a different Yoga program.

Good Luck!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    At least do the first 45 minutes...honestly, that's the most important part of YogaX. Also, yoga really does help prevent injuries...ask me how I know!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I HATE the yoga so I ALWAYS do cardio X on yoga days instead.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    I did the Yoga today for the first time. Not a fan. If it was 45 minutes that would be bearable but an hour and a half is crazy. I felt like I didn't burn too many calories so I did a half hour on the elliptical in addition. I'm gonna give it another try next week since its only one day a week. I totally think you can sub something for it. If you have another voga dvd or pilates that would work.
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    I was too tired to do this last night and debated on if I should do it along with Kenpo X tomorrow or do it on Sunday instead. From what it sounds like though I could sub it with Cardio X. I'm not a huge fan of doing Yoga for more than 45 minutes and I have a weak wrist which I'm concerned about.

Thanks for starting this thread to see what other MFPer's do!
This discussion has been closed.