Water

Options
So simply how does water help weigh loss .. And water is water still or sparkling, is both equal right...????:huh:

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    ooo.. i wonder about the sparkeling and regular too!
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    mmmhhh so does anyone really know????????
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    As far as I know still or sparkling both hydrate you...whether the sparkling would cause any issues that interfere with weight loss I am not sure. I wouldn't think so. Water aids digestion and flushes out impurities and keeps you from dehydrating so it is super important...its nature's perfect diet drink lol!
  • Hillbox
    Options
    Sparkling, Spring, Distilled, ect...

They are all lables of how the water was "Bottled" or "Purified"
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sparkling, as long as it is just sparkling water (with no added sweeteners) is equivalent to plain old water. Water is beneficial to weight loss in multiple ways: It helps you feel more full if you drink some before eating, thus preventing overeating. It also helps flush out waste. Eating a high fiber diet is useless unless you are also taking in plenty of fluids to flush all that fiber out. It also helps lubricate your joints and aids in the working of all organs, so it makes you healthier all around which makes you feel better, which in turn will help you have more energy for exercising. Once you get used to drinking lots of water you will be surprised how yucky you feel if you have a day where you don't drink at least your 8 glasses!
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    and Sparkling simply means carbonated. Still the same stuff... just with bubbles.
  • jennifer293
    jennifer293 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree, if I don't get at least 8 glasses a day I feel like I have not drank anything all day long. I am on glass 12 right now, and I am the one who used to HATE water and refused to drink it. I have to drink it plain (no flavoring) and it has to be room temperature (I don't know why..lol) Although, I have heard that if you drink it ice cold that it's better because you will burn more calories from your body trying to warm back up from the cold water.
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My doctor and a nutritionist he sent me to said absolutely *no* sparkling water. Both said pretty much all "sparkling" water is flavored and most have sweeteners in them. They are basically a clear equivalent to soda/pop and not to touch them. I was told that if I did use them to break my soda habit, I would then have to break that habit with plain water.

Personally I hate the taste of water, even bottled or filtered, so I have to literally force myself to drink it. But I have been trying and I've been drinking less soda even though I don't want to.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Not all sparkling water is flavored. Just look at the label.

Buy plain soda. It's sparkling water. If there are flavors then it may or may not have sweeteners. For instance, Perrier makes lemon and lime flavored waters (sparkling) with no calories or artificial sweetening.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Not all sparkling water is flavored. Just look at the label.

Buy plain soda. It's sparkling water. If there are flavors then it may or may not have sweeteners. For instance, Perrier makes lemon and lime flavored waters (sparkling) with no calories or artificial sweetening.

The carbonation isn't good for you either.
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SO SPARKILING IS NOT THE BEST:grumble: BUT ITS STILL BETTER THAN COKE ZERO THAN...LOL
    THANK YOU ALL... A LITTLE CLEARER ON THE HEALTH BIT BUT NOT REALLY ON THE STILL SPARKLING..:cry:
  • gokate1
    Options
    Water does two things.
    A. It helps your metabolism out which speeds up digestion
    B. It curbs your diet
    So drink lot's of water before you eat, and you won't be as inclined to eat!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What about mineral water?

I actually prefer it to still water.