going out to eat Friday and need help

Options
I'm going out to eat Friday and have no clue what to eat. I'm going to applebees and to be quite honest I'm kind of worried about it because I have no idea what to get. There is a dish that my friend always gets that grilled chicken with steamed vegatables. I have no idea if that is healthy or not. It looks healthy but I'm not sure. I don't really like seafood so I don't want anything with shrimp or fish. If you could please give me some good ideas I'd appreciate it.

Replies

• ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Applebees is pretty good about indicating their "healthy" items. Plus they also have a section of choices Under 550 calories! ENjoy dinner!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    google "applebee's nutrition facts" and look at their menu options and calorie counts. It's always good to have a plan in your head when you go out to eat, because the calories ALWAYS surprise you, no matter how healthy it looks!
  • rhonda1960
    rhonda1960 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've seen them advertise having 550 calorie menu choices. I have seen them, but it was before I joined this site, so I didn't choose them. Good luck.
  • queen220
    queen220 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Funny we just got back from there. Go to their website & it lists their menu, also nutrition information. They have quite a few menu items you can have. I have had the Asiago Peppercorn steak w/veg. twice now. Very good & very filing for 390 calories for the meal.
  • dianerichter
    Options
    Check their website for nutrition info. You should be able to find something lower calorie and good!
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you put this into your browser http://www.applebees.com/downloads/nutritional_info.html (cut & paste it), you should be able to view a document that provides nutritional information for Appleby's. No idea if it's current or not, but it's a start.
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    its great that you are planning ahead! That is the key. Maybe the 7 oz sirloin and veggies (steamed brocolli). cut the sirloin in half and ask for a box to put 1/2 in before you start dinner... then you can cut the steak up on a salad the next day for your lunch protein

Just an idea. someone once told me to limit beef to 1-2 times per week and only have 3-4 oz.
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    Definitely plan your meal in advance! My husband and I love Chili's and like to go once every couple of weeks. When I first started going I would order what I *thought* was healthy and didn't plan for anything and usually gave into my temptations. Now I always plan in advance and go in with a game plan. By doing this, I'm a lot less likely to go over my calories and can actually enjoy my meal without feeling anxious. Good luck!
  • amyrmca
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm kind of worried about it so I appreciate the ideas.