don't feel hungry and have no energy because of it

Options
hi, been exercising now for over 2mths. eating well and most of the time under calories. but in the last week and a half i just really don't feel hungry don't know why nothing has happened in me life to make me not it or im not stressed . just seem to have lost my appetite. And now because of this i feel so out of energy BIG time... can any one give me reasons or what i can eat that is small but really good for energy or anything ..thank.

Replies

• tokenana
    Options
    LOTS OF FRUITS!!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Almonds!
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    B12 for energy
    I actually went to the doctor recently because I was SO drained. He said I had "adrenal failure" and to up my B12. I did so and have to say I noticed a difference and it helped me get back on track.
    Also, do you take any supplements? If you're not eating a lot right now that would make it that much more important to get you the nutrients your body needs.
    Good luck!
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    yes i have been eating apples ... really love to know why my appetite has gone. i was 118kgs and have lost 4kgs so far. and i do boxing twice a week and exercise at home 3-4 days a week. so i should be hungry... that's my biggest concern is i should be hungry..
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    B12 for energy
    I actually went to the doctor recently because I was SO drained. He said I had "adrenal failure" and to up my B12. I did so and have to say I noticed a difference and it helped me get back on track.
    Also, do you take any supplements? If you're not eating a lot right now that would make it that much more important to get you the nutrients your body needs.
    Good luck!

i must try b12.. i take ones for my joints to help while exercising, a womens mutli vitamin, fish oil and vitamin E. it's like im so de-energized i don't even feel hungry it's wired feeling
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried B12 before? It gives me terrible acne, and I've heard of many people who have the same problem. :(
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I find that when I do a lot of exercising, it really controls my hunger. If I have the opportunity to sit around, go shopping, anything where food is readily available, I find myself getting hungrier, and not just out of boredom. After a good workout, I eat some protein, and then I'm not hungry for hours, and when I get hungry, I'll be satisfied with less. I know it seems weird, but that's how it is for me. Endorphin highs? Who knows.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    You've adapted to undereating (ie: eating at a deficit). Your body is conserving it's energy and slowing down (thus the tiredness) due to lower fuel conditions. When this happens to me, I know it's time to eat at maintenance for a few weeks, then drop down again for weight loss. It works every time!
  • vmf04
    vmf04 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    get on a good supplement, a good multivitamin that has extra B vitamins. Also, to prevent your body from slowing down and your metabolism from slowing down you HAVE to eat, even it it's small portions. eat those small portions often....every three hours. Maybe it's just half a peanut butter sandwich, or half a portion of oatmeal, some rolled up sliced chicken breast with spinach leaves in the middle with some spicy mustard....SOMETHING.
  • MaYhAmE101
    Options
    You've adapted to undereating (ie: eating at a deficit). Your body is conserving it's energy and slowing down (thus the tiredness) due to lower fuel conditions. When this happens to me, I know it's time to eat at maintenance for a few weeks, then drop down again for weight loss. It works every time!

and.. vmf04

and stromieweather that make scene to me a lot... :bigsmile: i will eat small every 3hrs and see how i go over the next few days i so hope you ladies a right on the spot because having three kids all under 8, trying to work out and house work it is just so over whelming when i'm feel like this ...thanks for your words it has lifted me sprite today ladies so thanks..:flowerforyou:
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I'm not hungry, but know I have to eat, I eat mixed nuts, whole wheat blueberry muffins, fruit, and smoothies and v8 vegetable juice and a boiled egg....
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    this happens sometimes. ppl just get in a weird funk...

maybe stress, depression, sickness or a virus.. just be sure to take a multi vitamin and eat as much as you can till yo ufeel better.

ullcome out of it