Maybe hitting rock.bottom.

Options
So, today, I realized that I may be nearing rock bottom. I am heavier than I was the day I gave birth almost 2 years ago. I am seriously lacking energy, and I think I look like crap. I am a seriously positive person, and I don't often get down on myself so I am hoping to use these negative feelings as a platform to recommit myself.

I hope to have a good weekend, get some exercise in and start full force on Monday. A new month, a new me.

Thought I would share that.

Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• sekhmet13
    sekhmet13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Even positive people have bad days, and that's OK. Remember, when you're at the bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    you can do it and we are all here to support you :)
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I understand the feeling! Best of luck!!!!! :)
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I suggest not waiting to start until a new month. Start with your next food choice. You will feel much better for having made a good, healthy choice, and will be ready keep it up the next day. You can do it!
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    stay positive
    hang in there
    start fresh
    and just do your best
    that's all yah can do
    hugs
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    start today!
  • Terry33
    Options
    Start now, keep at it every day, log those calories, drink the water (yuck), and it will happen.
  • divarachonishere
    Options
    Hello, when I need energy to exercise I use Jack 3rd. You can purchase it from the GNC store. It will give you a boost of energy and you will be able to burn more calories. Maybe that will help!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. x
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Many of us needed to hit rock bottom to get the motivation to change. My tipping point was the snoring. I would wake up in the morning and my wife would be gone because she couldn't stand the noise!
  • seatern
    Options
    Even if you want to start on Monday fresh it might not be a bad idea to just start logging your meals now. There have been some pretty good studies showing that people who write down what they eat have a decreased overall intake. So don't neccessarily "diet" now but just be conscious of what you're putting in your diet!

Good luck! My rock-bottom moment what when I realized I weighed more than my boyfriend... it was a good wake-up call though and 3 months later I feel way better.
  • newmamat
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Love, love, love this site!
  • starace
    Options
    Hitting rock bottom is often the start of great new life decisions. :) Decide to keep it up from now on, and always love the person you are doing this for: yourself! You will do it!!!!
  • picturesing
    Options
    Many people belive that chastizing themselves is motivating - it's not! Being hard on yourself is just another license to treat yourself bad. :brokenheart: Your selfworth is not in the mirror - it's inside you....But you can bring it out! Look in that mirror and find a mantra that feels good - I'm special - I'm beautiful - I'm worth it - or whatever feels right to you. You will have good days and not so good days, but the "just do it" is always your goal. This community is new to me, but the battle is not. I have succeeded and I have failed, but it's all brought me to NOW! I know it's MY time to shine and this venue and community and my love for me and my health will win this time. It's a journey - a life long journey. This community is here for you every day every minute! Now hold your head up and take one step - tomorrow take two steps.........You are worth it!
    Please feel free to contact me anytime - I'm here several times a day!:flowerforyou:
  • newmamat
    Options
    I really appreciate everyones comments.
    I feel so much better already :)