Extremely Sore

Options
Hello Everyone.

This is my third day and I can move but very painfull at times. My calfes are like rocks.

I know there are products out there for muscle repair is there certain one that is best and which one to stay away from..

I know need to excercise today so I'm thinking of just doing Yoga, but I would like to get some cardio in as well any thoughts

Replies

• harleydiva
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

This is my third day and I can move but very painfull at times. My calfes are like rocks.

I know there are products out there for muscle repair is there certain one that is best and which one to stay away from..

I know need to excercise today so I'm thinking of just doing Yoga, but I would like to get some cardio in as well any thoughts
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    the reason your muscles are sore are from a lactic acid build up that comes from wt. training and intense exercise. I know it feels like they will explode if you do cardio, but that is THEE best way to work that acid out of the muscle! drink lots of water + take a long brisk walk + an ibuprofin to reduce inflammation and relax muscle = less muscle soreness!
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    Depending what you did soreness also comes from micro tears in the muscle fibers that lead to healing and a stronger muscle preparing to tolerate the activity that caused the soreness to start with. But shkaki is right on, more movement will actually make your muscles feel better and drink your agua!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Depending what you did soreness also comes from micro tears in the muscle fibers that lead to healing and a stronger muscle preparing to tolerate the activity that caused the soreness to start with. But shkaki is right on, more movement will actually make your muscles feel better and drink your agua!!!

That's why protien is important, to rebuild and repair those muscles
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    That's right, amino acids are the building blocks for protein. It's why with p90x there is a peak recovery drink to replenish the muscle tissue and facilitate optimal healing at a more rapid rate, and the church said....amen
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    AMEN!
  • harleydiva
    Options
    Thanks so I guess I will walk on the treadmill tonight for hour then go to yoga afterwards. Hope I walk tommorrow..