How to burn thigh fat?

Options
Well the subject says it all...anyone have good exercises to burn their outter thighs? The inner part of my thigh is going away (which I love), but my outter thighs are just "hanging out." My exercise routines include mostly cardio (Zumba, walking at 3.8 with various inclines on tread., and the eliptical.) Ideas on what I should do?

Replies

• kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Well, I am awaiting replies to your post as thigh fat sticks to me like glue!!!:laugh:
  • forttc
    forttc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not sure how well it works, I haven't tried it myself. I was reading in a magazine about wearing sweat shorts. I thought I might give it a try. Good luck!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot burn fat. So changing up your exercise routine or eating differently won't change where you body burns fat. Your body burns fat in the places it wants to first. Eventually, you will burn thigh fat once you continue to lose more body fat. Your body will have no choice but to take it from your thigh.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot burn fat. So changing up your exercise routine or eating differently won't change where you body burns fat. Your body burns fat in the places it wants to first. Eventually, you will burn thigh fat once you continue to lose more body fat. Your body will have no choice but to take it from your thigh.

What he said.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sadly, it's true. You can't spot burn. If you could I would have no gut and an amazing rack, lol!
  • hotmooglelove
    Options

Yeap, its all hormones and genes. Excessive lifting will just bulk up those areas more by adding extra muscle underneath =P
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    +1 on can't spot/target burn.

That being said once you lose the body fay on your thighs then you can build the muscle in that area. That's what people mean when they tallk about toning up.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Man..that is what I was expecting, but figured it was worth asking...any good thigh toning exercises I should be adding in?
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do in spots is tone. You can try doing toning exercises for your thighs (squats where you squat, come up, lift one leg out to the side, then repeat with the other leg for instance). This may help tone the outer thigh, which might give you the effect you're looking for. But yeah, to just burn fat in that spot isn't going to happen.
  • DTelleen
    Options
    Elliptical....and lots of it....at varying and mid-high level resistance. Like they said you can't spot burn, but this will burn fat and build/tone the muscle so the fat that is there will be less noticeable (until its gone).
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to reduce my thighs too. I just keeping up with my daily run (2 mile minimum). A trainer once told me to away from stairclimbers - bulks you up. I'm using thigh slimmer belts lol (only used twice so can't give advice on that). I did Jillian Michaels Shredding It with weights (kettle bell) and my entire (outer and inner) thighs were sore for 3 days.
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    maybe you should try the 30 day jump start by the biggest loser. I do the program and my hips and outer thighs always burn bad! Maybe its just me though. Im not sure though, if you do find out one that works let me know
  • sweetmelissa57
    sweetmelissa57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The elliptical will definitely help with that and so does swimming! Swimming works your whole body but it really helps tone and shape your legs. I hope thats helpful! : )
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!