Logging P90X workouts

Options
Hi,

I am starting P90X (the Lean schedule) tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out how to log the workouts in my exercise diary. There is such a combination of activities I'm not sure how to enter it.

Has anyone else who has done P90X figured out a good way to do this?

Thanks!
Amy

Replies

• Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    Heart rate monitor is your best bet . . . and you can name the exercise whatever you want.
  • BritniMarie
    Options
    I have this type of issue too. I have been using the "Strength Training" option under cardio.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The best way is with a HRM. I'm about to start phase 3 and from week to week the same workouts I'll burn different calories. Like plyo the first time I burned around 450 but later as I got better and more stamina etc I burned 600 just pushing myself harder so it really can vary quite a bit.

A heart rate monitor is one of the best fitness purchases you'd ever make!!!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think "Circuit training" might actually be your best bet, because it really is intended for people who do circuits (usually on machines, but using your body weight as in for the pull-ups and push-ups in P90X is fairly equivalent.
  • InAustin_2011
    Options
    Same problem here - I wish P90X had some type of calculator on site to measure BMI against the workout DVD you did. I asked a few people, and they agree heart rate monitor is the way to go.

BTW - I did look up average calories burned during a P90X routine - LIVESTRONG estimates I think around 450 per DVD (probably that is a good fit for cardio days, but maybe not strength training days?)
  • kenneray
    Options
    Hello,

I'm on day 55 of P90X and for the cardio workouts I use a heartrate monitor and create my own workouts under "cardio". For the strength days I created an exercise under "strength", "my exercises" for each and every move. This took a while for the first workout but then is easy to fill in with each consecutive workout. One thing I noticed about MyFitnessPal and P90X is that when you enter your cardio workouts it adjusts your daily calorie goal so you can eat the calories you burnt in the cardio department. I would stay clear of this plan and stick to your original calorie goal. If you replace all the calories your working off during cardio then you wont have a calorie deficit and you wont get the results that are posible by sticking to your original calorie goal. Just something I noticed while working the program.

Thadeus Kenneray
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    look up this guy named khaines he does the P90X and he also does something with beachbody. so look up his username is khaines.
  • amyo1300
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I guess I need to buy a HR monitor!

I'll just have to wing it for today and try to pick up a monitor this weekend so I can be more accurate.