last chance

Options
Hello, I am excited that a friend showed me this website and I feel this is just what i need. I am 50 years old and last June I weighed 496 pounds. I was on oxygen and could barely get around my house or drive. the doctors told me my next stop was the nursing home. I usually get my 7 year old grand daughter for a week every summer, but due to my health my son said she could not come this year. That broke my heart and I asked him to make me a deal that if I could show remarkable progress would he let her take a few days out of school in the fall and come stay with us.
On June 12th I put my self on a strict 1200 cal. diet and started doing anything i could in my house to do some little bit of exercise. In 3 months I lost 65 pounds and my grand daughter got to come and stay. It is now Feb. and I have lost 135 lbs. and am at a point where I was able to join the local YMCA and seriously start my exercise program. I lift weights 30 min. each day and swim for 1 hr. 6 days a week. I am maintaining my 1200 cal. diet and with the help of you folks hope to reach my goal weight of 240 lbs. I am glad to be here and look forward to advice and tips from everyone.:happy:

Replies

• Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this!! Congrats on your progress thus far!! You are well on your weigh to your goal!! Blessings to you!
  • MMK72
    MMK72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Good on you, you are saving your own life you know!
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! best of luck!!
  • miabrown66
    Options
    I'm very happy for you! Great job!
  • PandaBot0407
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations!!!!! I know you enjoyed your time with the little one! She'll be ecstatic when you can really run around and play with her too!:)! You are an inspiration! You are WELL on your way! In the words of the Allman Brothers "Keep on keepin on"!!!!!!!!!
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    congrats! you are amazing!!
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are an inspiration to all of us! Good luck on getting to you goal weight!!
  • jewls30
    Options
    Great Job! Very inspirational!