Body Resistance Exercises

Other than sit ups and pushups are there any other good body resistence exercises worth doing? when i go somewhere that dosnt have a treadmill or weights i often find that i dont keep up with my exercise

Replies

• Other than sit ups and pushups are there any other good body resistence exercises worth doing? when i go somewhere that dosnt have a treadmill or weights i often find that i dont keep up with my exercise
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Tons. Try this site:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Under the SuperSite heading in the left bar, click Exercises. Don't be put off by the muscle-y folks on the page there :smile: Click on a muscle group and you'll get a list of pretty much every known exercise for the body part using various - and no - equipment.
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    hey!!
    sit ups and push ups are great! mix them up a bit too though...
    ~crunches, 45 degree crunches, full sit ups, leg raises, etc
    ~push ups, slower half-way ups, (try this) push up then go down on your forearms then from that position extend back up to a reg push up! I love them!!! planks, 1 arm 1 leg planks
    ~squats around rooms, down hall ways, wall squats holding for 1-2mins
    ~no weights? improvise with other things!
    ~use stairs for doubled squats, calf raises, low dips
    These are some ideas I use when in places out of my own workout environment!
    hope they help a bit!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Tons. Try this site:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

Under the SuperSite heading in the left bar, click Exercises. Don't be put off by the muscle-y folks on the page there :smile: Click on a muscle group and you'll get a list of pretty much every known exercise for the body part using various - and no - equipment.

Hey, thanks for the site address Razboo,
    Fat Dancer
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Other than sit ups and pushups are there any other good body resistence exercises worth doing? when i go somewhere that dosnt have a treadmill or weights i often find that i dont keep up with my exercise

When you go somewhere? Meaning you travel a lot? Easy! Take a deck of cards, make a list of exercises in your mind, and flip a card. That's how many reps you have to do of that exercise. Repeat with a different exercise each flip. All 52 cards takes more effort than you might think and it keeps it interesting!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Lunges are really good. Filled water bottles and cans of soda or soup work for weights if you have them.