Looking for recipes with "lean meat, non-starchy vegetables"

Options
corgant715
corgant715 Posts: 37 Member
I am following a fairly strict diet right now and am looking for ideas. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    what about a casserole? That way you can choose which vegetables you want to include.
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    try any Paleo recipe. It is very focused on fresh veggies and lean meat. For instance:http://www.crossfitcenturion.com/nutrition/recipes/paleo_chicken_alfredo

I personally haven't committed to this diet - canNOT live without dairy! - but I definitely use their recipes religiously.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My favorite, easy to cook, simplistic meals are:

1. Grilled tilapia (4 oz) with a can of no-salt added green beans, and a pack of 100 calorie almonds= about 280 calories
    2. Broiled or roasted chicken, with steamed veggies (cauliflower and broccoli) topped with my homemade teriyaki sauce= 275 calories

I hope I helped!
  • corgant715
    corgant715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the wonderful suggestions everyone! That Crossfit Centurian site if very interesting. :love:
  • shannahand
    shannahand Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This isn't a recipe, but we grill a lot of lean meat and we either grill or roast all kinds of vegetables. Squash and Zucchini- slice, coat with a little olive oil, season with salt or seasoning salt and pepper, and cook for 350 for 30-45 mins on a cookie sheet. Asparagus-pop off the tips, do the same with the oil and seasoning, but don't bake very long or put it on the grill. Vidalia onions-slice and put some Smart Balance with it, cover with foil and put on the grill. Sweet potatoes (alone or with carrots), cube, drizzle with olive oil and thyme and bake in the oven on 350 for 45 mins. Cabbage- cut up and put smart balance, salt and pepper in a pan and cook it until it is tender...that actually is surprisingly tasty. Hope this helps!
  • Heidi_015
    Options
    Not sure if this fits within your diet, but I made this recently and it was pretty good.

cut zucchini in half, scoop out centers. fill with cooked lean ground turkey, cover with spaghetti sauce and mozz. cheese and bake.
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options