Options
    Psh, life! Keeps you up every time!
  • CallousMalice
    Options
    Valerian root tea, maybe?
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    what I do in time like that is count my breaths while trying to imagine a blank piece of paper. works most of the time for me.
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    I can NEVER sleep. Welcome to my world dear:)

Hope you get some sleep tho:)
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Valerian root tea, maybe?

I thought about tea, but my boyfriend is sleeping (works in the morn) and our microwave is super loud. i guess i could boil the water..
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    <
    Insomnia at it's best right here! :laugh:

Tranquilizer anyone?
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    what I do in time like that is count my breaths while trying to imagine a blank piece of paper. works most of the time for me.

Yeah, counting, or actually what my mom suggested a long time ago was saying 10 hail mary's. usually you don't make it to 10 because you've fallen asleep. works usually. i'm really just not tired right now
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    There arent enough downers in the world to get me in bed before 1am :P
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I haven't slept in 3 days. I'm hoping the 2 glasses of wine tonite solve the problem (marginally healthier than a handful of sleeping pills, right?) so far, no success...but here's hoping!

The best thing I've found for sleep is trying not to fall asleep. If you actively TRY to stay awake (not read, or watch mindless tv, but concentrate on staying awake) it works most of the time. Ironically, actively trying not to sleep will put you to sleep the fastest (yet another example of how our bodies work against us (I say, eyeing my guy that just persists despite my best efforts. lol). Or put on a movie you've seen alot (prob not action though--something that doesn't have alot of volume changes), roll over, close your eyes, and follow along in your head. Eventually you'll likely drift off.
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    I have insomnia too. I tried tea, white noise (why would they put thunder in white noise?...I never sleep during thunderstorms), etc. and nothing has really worked. I'm just always so full of energy at night that I can't make myself slow down to sleep. I created a playlist on my iPod of lullabies, and that relaxes me sometimes enough to invite sleep. Most nights I count to 10 (with really slow Mississippi's) than count backwards, and then forwards, and then backwards...usually by the 508432th round of counting to 10 or back do I fall asleep from the pure boredom of redundancy.
  • laughingdani
    Options
    We should start an insomnia group for nights like these so we all have someone to talk to! LOL
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    We should start an insomnia group for nights like these so we all have someone to talk to! LOL

Agreed. My boyfriend falls alseep in 1.2 seconds and is snoring in 3 seconds. I don't get it! It takes me 10 minutes just to get comfortable!
  • live2smyle
    Options
    I have insomnia too. I tried tea, white noise (why would they put thunder in white noise?...I never sleep during thunderstorms), etc. and nothing has really worked. I'm just always so full of energy at night that I can't make myself slow down to sleep. I created a playlist on my iPod of lullabies, and that relaxes me sometimes enough to invite sleep. Most nights I count to 10 (with really slow Mississippi's) than count backwards, and then forwards, and then backwards...usually by the 508432th round of counting to 10 or back do I fall asleep from the pure boredom of redundancy.
    You can come here doll and clean my house :) lol Sorry I saw the last post....I just sit and read posts at night :happy:
  • live2smyle
    Options

Agreed. My boyfriend falls alseep in 1.2 seconds and is snoring in 3 seconds. I don't get it! It takes me 10 minutes just to get comfortable!
    It tweaks me to no end to lay in bed and listen to other people snoring while I am wide awake! :explode:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    It tweaks me to no end to lay in bed and listen to other people snoring while I am wide awake! :explode:

I know! Sometimes I poke him just so he wake up and will suffer with me for a minute before he falls back to sleep.
  • live2smyle
    Options

I know! Sometimes I poke him just so he wake up and will suffer with me for a minute before he falls back to sleep.
    BAHAHAAH OMG I have so done that.....I have also plugged his nose with my fingers...rolled him over...dare I say nudge him with my foot.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • laughingdani
    Options

Oh yeah! I have done that too. If I have to suffer so does he. :devil:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    BAHAHAAH OMG I have so done that.....I have also plugged his nose with my fingers...rolled him over...dare I say nudge him with my foot.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd plug his nose, but he can only breathe out of one nostril, so that could be bad. haha.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My favorite is that I'm considerate enough to not wake him up (it takes him all of 2 min to fall asleep), but he, knowing my sleeping issues, has no problem waking me up (despite the fact that I get up 5 hrs earlier) if he's not ready to go to bed. Apparently watching TV by himself is more than he can bear....lol
  • live2smyle
    Options
    My favorite is that I'm considerate enough to not wake him up (it takes him all of 2 min to fall asleep), but he, knowing my sleeping issues, has no problem waking me up (despite the fact that I get up 5 hrs earlier) if he's not ready to go to bed. Apparently watching TV by himself is more than he can bear....lol
    I dont think there is a court in the world that would convict you....Im just sayin :tongue: