Best protein shake without all the bad stuff. Tight Curves?

Options
I am ready to buy a protein shake but I do not want to be limited to what Walmart has to offer. Does anyone have any suggestions on what a girl would want to buy in a protein shake? I am looking for something with the least amount of calories, carbs, sugar as possible! I was reading about Tight Curves. Has anyone tried this? Thanks.

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use Bluebonnet soy protein. It comes in chocolate truffle or toasted french vanilla. I like it because it's all natural, has no genetically engineered ingredients, and doesn't use artificial sweeteners (it uses fruit juices and unrefined cane juice as sweeteners). I mix it with 1 cup of vanilla soy milk (100 cals) and together it's 220 calories, 25g of carbs, 5g of fat (all unsaturated), 21g of protein, 255mg of sodium, and 18g of sugar. If you use it immediately after exercising you don't have to worry about the sugar or carbs, your body needs them to replenish the glycogen stores in your muscles.
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Never tried tight curves...but I drink at least one premier nutrition high protein shake/day. I think it pretty yummy as far as protein shakes go!

160 cals
    30 grms protein
    3 grms fat
    5 grms carbs
    1 grm sugar

I get it at Costco, I think it's $23ish for an 18 pack.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am using Premier Nutrition right now, and I have to say that I am rather pleased. It's low calorie, low carb and low sugar plus it has 30 grams of protein. I get a huge *kitten* case of it from Costco, and it doesn't taste as bad as others I have tried. I also rock out on Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein, and it also make me want sweets a lot less. Maybe because it tastes like a milkshake if you make it with ice and water. The body fortress has 52 grams of protein. It's all in what you need though, so read the labels, and GOOD LUCK!
  • sharmangeorge
    sharmangeorge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love-love-love Isagenix shakes -- they're super nutritious, leave me feeling full/satisfied for hours, and they even contain amino acids and live enzymes that help keep the cravings away. You'll need to order them through a distributor who can get you set up online, but the cost is comparable to other quality protein shakes. I also highly recommend the 30-day cleanse -- I've lost 50 pounds on it -- and the shakes are part of it, or you can enjoy the shakes alone. If you're interested, I'd be happy to pass on the contact info of a great guy who can get you set up.

Cheers,

Sharman
  • maaalloryy
    Options
    I use pro complete 40 chocolate protein. It's 40 grams of protein for 200 calories. & It's TASTY!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have only tried 2 kinds.
    100 calorie Designer whey French vanilla
    Jay robb tropical dreamsiclie

Both taste good but the tropical is best. I get them at the Kroger grocery here.