breakfast??

Options
I'm new to this healthy eating and was wondering what do u eat for breakfast?? I dont eat eggs. I need to give up my pancakes and french toast, or french vanilla cap w/ cinn raisin bagel, or cream of wheat w/ a ton of sugar and toast w/jelly.

I'm armed w/my what to eat and not eat ..I'm TRYIN to cut out all that bad processed stuff, esp all the sugar and bad for you white carbs.

Any ideas

Tasha

Replies

• lesszmore
    Options
    I'm new to this healthy eating and was wondering what do u eat for breakfast?? I dont eat eggs. I need to give up my pancakes and french toast, or french vanilla cap w/ cinn raisin bagel, or cream of wheat w/ a ton of sugar and toast w/jelly.

I'm armed w/my what to eat and not eat ..I'm TRYIN to cut out all that bad processed stuff, esp all the sugar and bad for you white carbs.

Any ideas

Tasha
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Here is my list of breakfast choices I pick from:

Yogurt and a piece of fruit
    Multigrain Cherrios and skim milk
    Rice Krispies and skim milk
    Raisin Bran and skim milk

If I have cereal then I usually have a piece of fruit before lunch as well.
  • wantingwings
    Options
    grapefruit, 1/2 apple, yogurt and whole grain bread usually
  • newlywedbeth
    Options
    I like any cereal that has some nuts (protein) with skim milk. I also like peanut butter toast on multigrain bread. I just discovered Wonder Bread bagels in French Toast flavor (250 calories) which give me the flavor of my french toast with fewer calories (although still pretty high). Hope this helps.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    weekdays - oatmeal with a banana cut up and mixed in (I can keep the oatmeal in my desk drawer and just have to remember to bring bananas in on Monday)
    weekend - cereal and skim milk with some fruit
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I like having Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat in the morning. I add ground Flaxseed to both and fruit to the Oatmeal. If I have the Cream of Wheat, I have the fruit on the side. Sometimes I add vanilla yogurt to the Oatmeal. Most of the time I add a bit of honey.

For a treat, I will occasionally have a toasted english muffin or small bagel topped with melted peanut butter. MMMMMMMMMMMMM

This is a good breakfast for me, because it keeps me full for about 4 hours, so I only need a small snack midmorning.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Any ideas

Tasha

Tasha, I don't think you need to cut out all of those things...in fact many of the things you listed are things that I've had since starting MFP. You can make french toast using low calorie bread, egg whites, some cinnamon, and sugar free syrup. You can have low calorie toast with sugar free jelly...and there are recipes for whole wheat pancakes.

I keep these things on hand for breakfasts:
    low fat yogurt and granola
    100 calorie multi grain English muffins
    sugar free jelly
    liquid egg whites
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges
    organic oatmeal packets
    Kashi waffles
    fresh fruit
    hard boiled eggs

Hope that helps a bit! Just remember that you don't have to give up everything you love in order to lose weight...I still eat McDonald's somewhat regularly (but I choose a chicken nugget kids meal rather than a Big Mac and fries)...I treat myself to McDonald's sugar free vanilla iced coffee...I have taco salads from Wendy's...and when I was really craving French Toast, I used lower calorie ingredients to make it a healthier version...and to me it tasted just as good...

If I had to survive on wheat germ and asparagus I wouldn't stick with this new lifestyle at all...so I'm making healthier choices that still taste like the food I am used to eating. Good luck in your weight loss journey...you CAN do this!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Here's my breakfast choices:

1 c. Multigrain Cheerios, 1/2 c. milk, 1 med. banana (sliced into cereal), 1/2 c. strawberries or 1/4 c. blueberries (also sliced into cereal).

1 Whole Wheat English Muffin with 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter, 1 Laughing Cow light swiss cheese wedge, and 1 med. banana.

Homade Yogurt Parfait: 6 oz. desired flavor AE YoLit Yogurt, 3/4 c. Whole Grain Total Cereal (crushed lightly), 1/2 c. sliced strawberries, 1/4 c. blueberries or raspberries. --Layer half cereal, half fruit, half yogurt, other half cereal other half fruit, other half yogurt.---SO yummy!

Homemade Fruit Smoothie: 1 med. frozen banana (cut in chunks), 1/2 c. strawberries, 1/4 c. blueberries or raspberries, 6 oz. AE YoLite Yogurt (desired flvor), 2-4 oz. and fruit juice. Blend.

1 Lenders Cinnamon Swirl bagel with 2 tbsp. fat free strawberry cream cheese, 1 med. banana.

Any of these options I pair up with 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice and 1 multivitamin.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Lately I have

1/2 cup fiber one crunchy original cereal
    1/3 cup skim milk
    and a slice of honeydew melon

I sometimes do have eggs though, and yesterday morning I had 1/2 a sesame bagel with 15g of cream cheese.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Any of these options I pair up with 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite Juice and 1 multivitamin.

Oh, yes! The vitamins are important. I take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, Vitamin E, and Glousomine/Chondrotin every morning. The bf does the same with the addition of a Metamucil tablet. (ever since he added it-I have heard no complaints from him! :wink: Thank God)
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1 cup kashi go lean crunch with fat free yogurt mixed in or 1 cup of nonfat milk. Sometimes I will do a slice of turkey bacon too if I am feeling like I need a little extra protien.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    heres a good healthy pancake

Egg, fresh, 3 medium
    *Milk, 2%, 1.5 cup
    *Quaker Oats - Quick 1 Minute - Dry, 1.5 cup

let the oat soak in before cooking, it will expend, also i would experiment with egg white and low fat milk. for reducing calories,

that will make about 3 good size pancake,

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 3
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 276.6
    Total Fat: 13.5 g
    Cholesterol: 211.4 mg
    Sodium: 177.4 mg
    Total Carbs: 42.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
    Protein: 22.7 g
  • kj9999swim
    Options
    Don't get mad, everybody, but I don't eat breakfast. They say in the book, Skinny B*tch, a good read btw, that having a piece of fruit half way through the morning is best. It's worked for me. Then I have lunch at 11...something healthy.:huh:

anybody else like to skip bf or is it just me?
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    These are my choices depending on time and mood:

Protein shake in coffee and banana

Fiber one cereal with blueberries and skim milk

Treat-

Kashi Blueberry toaster waffles with blueberries and sugar free syrup (I put 1/2 C blueberries in 1/4 C sugar free syrup and microwave for 45 seconds or so until the blueberries burst and it's all bubbly)
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love my breakfast!!!

I/2 cup of dry oatmeal cooked in 1/2 skim milk, 1/2 cup of water and some vanilla extract. I add 12 chopped almonds and some sugar free syrup. I keeps me full for a long long time and it is sooo yummy!!!!
  • filergirl
    Options
    Smoothie (yogurt and /soy milk, blended with fruit). Also, there's nothing saying you have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Weight control oatmeal
    toast with peanut butter and banana
    yogurt
    smoothies
    protein shake
    fiber one ceral
    wheaties