What do you RUN to?

Options
I know this has posted a million time but I was wondering if anyone has any great tunes they run too?

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    EMINEM!
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith! I don't know why but it's just upbeat enough to get me going at a fast pace.
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    I exercise to music I like.
    For me it is Deftones, Fair to Midland and Nonpoint just to name a few.

I'm sure I read somewhere that people that workout listening to their favorite music worked out harder and longer than those who didn't listen to music.

So whatever it is you like to listen to, go with that.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    EMINEM!

AGREED!! New album is amazing! :bigsmile:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I like this website for ideas:

http://jogtunes.com/

I search a song that gets me pumped to find the BPM then I make that BPM my search criteria. There are other ways to search, but this is how I find new songs when I'm needing a boost.

I have amazon open and listen to samples of the search results and add any winners to my list.

Charmagne
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was going to point you to this site: http://jog.fm/music?utf8=✓&pace=9:00 . It does the same thing, searches by mile time to give you a song with the right beat! It's awesome.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Just added 'Kickstart My Heart' by Motley Crue to my playlist. Lemme tell ya, it was very motivating :)

Charmagne
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    QOTSA, great to run too
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    gotta start every workout with the theme from Rocky aka Gonna Fly Now
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    gotta start every workout with the theme from Rocky aka Gonna Fly Now

Oh, Bill Conti. That was definitely in my playlist back when I jogged.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    oh man... a lot! anything catchy and upbeat!! def eminem music 4 sure! his new album rocks. I love listening to Not Afraid while im running!! It really pushes me through and makes me feel like I can do ANYTHING :D
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I like this website for ideas:

http://jogtunes.com/

I search a song that gets me pumped to find the BPM then I make that BPM my search criteria. There are other ways to search, but this is how I find new songs when I'm needing a boost.

I have amazon open and listen to samples of the search results and add any winners to my list.

Charmagne

Love this! I have a bad tendency to run at the pace of whatever is coming through the headphones, so this will be a big help! Thanks!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    my playlist at the moment has a mixture of beatles, michael jackson, and australian rock.

quite the combination thats for sure.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    wu tang.
    santigold
    major lazer.
  • ratbone
    Options
    AC/DC is my pick, you wont find any slow power ballads in thier set list
  • melrae675
    melrae675 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well I am NOT a runner but working out to the Black Eyed Peas or the Yeah Yeah Yeahs always moves me
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    I use an IPOD and download music from ITUNES. I most recently found a workout CD put out by The Biggest Loser...there are SOME fantastic tunes on there that keep me motivated. If you don't have ITUNES, see if you can order the CD online.

Cheers
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    LOVED both websites...
    Gotta keep myself motivated when I get into those two - three hour runs! LOL!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I listen to my techno or DJ Tiesto Pandora Station when I run. House music always pushes me a little further.
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Agree that Eminem's Recovery album rocks to run to.