Started my life ....

Options
I joined a personal training program 3 weeks ago and started using MFP (via my iPhone).

Mainly because I was heading towards a heart attack, bordering on obese, a smoker and moderate alcohol consumption

I have lost 6 kg, 8cm off my waist and 8 cm off my hips and now seeing muscles poke through the fat :)

I have dropped my body fat from 38% to 27% and my wife loves it :)

Almost quit the smokes and rarely touch alcohol since I started plus all those pies, sausage rolls and pastries are a distant memory

Training 4 days a week but my trainer and I agree - it is MFP and my change to nutrition that has done the work to a large extent and MFP keeps me motivated.

I plan to step up training to 5 days/week from now on to keep on track to my target weight of 83kg in 5 weeks (total weight lost of 15kg over the 8 weeks)

So, to sum up, MFP saved my life. Thanks to the developers.

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    That's so great to hear!!

Keep up the awesome work.

L.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I have to give a huge thanks to the developers too. This app has helped me reign in my portions and helped me understand how much I can eat.

Keep up the great work!!
  • newman50
    Options
    Thanks for the positive words :)

Finding now that weight loss has slowed, mainly because I am gaining muscle weight

In the last week body fat has dropped a further 3% but gained 2 kg in muscle weight.

End up being the same weight .....:laugh:
  • newman50
    newman50 Posts: 16
    Options
    Weight dropping again, got below the 90kg barrier - woohoo.

Trouble is, I tore my calf muscle at training today. :grumble:

Not sure how much cardio I'll be able to do now but the rower should be fine.

Can still do my upper body workouts and maybe some light treadmill work.

I never thought I would be so upset about not being able to train

I have some goodies coming from musclebuilder.com so that should bring a smile back to the dial :smile: