Hate Push ups! Challenge?

Options
So my least favorite is push ups!! To overcome this and become amazing in the arms and core is anyone wanting to commit to doing ... say 20 push ups a day for the rest of Feb?

Steph--
a push up dislike looking to get over it!

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm in, they are my least favourite too, but I'd love to be able to do 20 without having to stop inbetween.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Not going to join you, but here's a great program I did a challenge with last year. Starts you off slowly so you build up to the 100 push ups and don't get injured or quit.

Good luck!

www.hundredpushups.com
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I hate burpees more than push ups :(
  • irishpagan
    Options
    Sure! I'm trying to do as many as I can and work my way up to 100. Right now I'm at 30-35.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The only push-ups I like are bras. :wink:
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Im willing to shoot for 100... lol.. Thanks for the link, I will def look! Ok, who DIDNT laugh at the push bra comment? Ready to hold each other to this?? Or the next day you have to add the dreaded burpee too (ha ha)..

Lovin it! Only want to not hate it is to overcome it right?
  • lkkyer
    lkkyer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think I offended a trainer at the Rush a couple of weeks ago...she comes over while I'm on the elliptical and asks me if I want to do some pushups for a contest. I said no, so she said you don't have to do it right now. I still said no, and she asked why not. I said because I don't want to....Bad of me, I know....I probably should do some at home as punishment, lol.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I still said no, and she asked why not. I said because I don't want to....

:laugh: Excellent. Back off, trainer lady.....:wink:
  • vegantriathlete
    vegantriathlete Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll do it! Push-ups have always interested me. I'll look into the 100 push-ups website! I'll do as many "regular" push-ups as I can and then I'll finish the 20 with knee pushups. Fun!
  • hjay07
    hjay07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Can they be girly push-ups? :happy:
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    hate burpees with push ups most of all :tongue:

Just posted this in another thread but I will repeat myself :laugh:

I am using a free Android app called Drop and Give Me Twenty! DGMT! I like it because it can use the proximity sensor to count the push ups, which makes me go lower than I would normally. Also shows a progress bar filling up as I do the push ups so that is good visual motivation. When I finish one set an timer starts counting down for the rest period until the next set. I'm not entirely sure if it's following the One Hundred Push Ups program exactly. So far it seems close.

eta: I am doing girly ones!
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    oh gosh! ; ^ ; totally going to try this, so told me to do some push ups the other day.. made it to 5 before falling on my face.
    definitely checking out the one hundred push up thing as well.. but i doubt that will happen anytime soon!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The only push-ups I like are bras. :wink:

Hahahaha.
  • ratbone
    Options
    I'll do 50 a day, pushups are a srength for me and I like the challenge idea, now pullups are a different story.
  • dawn2154
    dawn2154 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Im with u burpees are the excercise of the devil lol
  • stephfilako
    Options
    I ended my day with 20 push ups (I did pause at 13 for about 5 seconds) and then I started this morning FIRST thing doing 20! YEA!! Ladies, we CAN do this!! I hate them STILL, but having a group of you that also hate them is great because maybe in a month we will be saying egh.. its just a push up. Then we can move on to those pull-ups..lol.. I dont think I can even DO a pull up to hate them! ;)

Who's giving me at least 10 this morning??

Steph
  • stephfilako
    Options
    Of course! Hey a push up is a push up! ;)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I can't do 20 regular push-ups in a row. Is it OK to do 2 sets of 10, one in the AM, one in the PM? If so, count me in.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I just did 20 girl push ups. It sucked.
  • cutelashawn
    Options
    IM IN.......I was actually thinking about doing that yesterday. I started to day. So are you talking about the real push ups or the modified "girl version"?