30 Day Shred results?

Options
Hello Everyone!

I started 30 day shred on Thursday Feb17th and I stopped for the weekend (because I was sooo sore! I couldnt even walk down the stairs) and I just started back up Yesterday and I am on my 3rd day of level one. I was wondering what everyones results are from using 30 day shred? Is 30 day shred all you use for exercise or do you do something else as well? I also just bought Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown video and plan to do that everyother day. I would love to know the results of everyone that has been doing Jillian Michaels videos!

Replies

• Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    me too!!
  • sneakers71
    Options
    I'm on D8 L1 and I love it. I haven't seen the scale move and I haven't done my measurements since day 1 BUT I feel stronger already. Good luck to you!
  • farmerswife87
    Options
    30 Day Shred made me plateau, and then I got all depressed and totally fell off the wagon. I recommend mixing up your workouts more!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I did mostly just the shred for about the first 20 days. I really don't have time for much more. I often jog in place for about 10 minutes at the end to add a little more cardio. Recently I've been switching it up a bit if I have a little extra time and doing ban fat boost motabolism and no more trouble zones. I have lost 10 pounds while doing mostly just the shred. Wish I took measurements because I know I've lost inches as well because of how my clothing fits. Of course it has to be combined with eating right. Good luck!
  • aimlow
    aimlow Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was really sore in the beginning and could hardly move. By the end of the first week it was easy. I started not being able to even do girly push ups and by the end I can do around half a set of full push ups. I feel the best in my body I have for ages.

My weight did plateau but I have lost inches off my body and looks so much better. I guess I lost 2 -3 pounds but I am down to the last 10 pounds so weight loss is really hard. For the second half of the shred I did 2 back to back or another of her dvd's as it wasn't enough.

Now I am alternating NMTZ and BFBM dvds and I am loving them and some weight is finally coming off.
  • aimlow
    Options
    I was really sore in the beginning and could hardly move. By the end of the first week it was easy. I started not being able to even do girly push ups and by the end I can do around half a set of full push ups. I feel the best in my body I have for ages.

My weight did plateau but I have lost inches off my body and looks so much better. I guess I lost 2 -3 pounds but I am down to the last 10 pounds so weight loss is really hard. For the second half of the shred I did 2 back to back or another of her dvd's as it wasn't enough.

Now I am alternating NMTZ and BFBM dvds and I am loving them and some weight is finally coming off.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 12 today (staying on level one until day 15). I do not have a scale but already have lost 2 inches from my waist, 1/2 inch from neck and biceps as of this morning.

I also walk at a very brisk pace 4.0mph 1.9 miles in 28 minutes 4 times a week.
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Id say continue doing 30DS. You do come to a point where the scale doesnt move (maybe a week) but you're arms are building muscle and so is the rest of ur body. Im mixing up the video along with other JM videos for a slimdown. Push pass thru it :)
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    I am on Day 25 and I have lost exactly 10 lbs in those 25 days. I have been adding other exercise in, but nothing massive. Mostly I've just been walking on the treadmill or riding the stationary bike in the evenings as a supplement. I had to laugh at your post because I couldn't walk down the stairs either for the first couple of days. Stick with it, it gets better I promise!!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the 30 Day Shred last night but did not start it yet. I have also started the C25K program and just completed week 2, I love that so far and I am not a runner at all. I am thinking I will alternate between the two to mix things up. I just joined MFP in January so I am still new to this. I would also love to hear how other people like these as well, and if they have had good results! Good luck to you!!
  • Jamiemielke
    Jamiemielke Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 6 level 1 and I am feeling MUCH better than day 3.. I was also very sore..But I do feel like I am getting stronger. I was finally able to do the whole tape without taking a 5 sec rest yesterday.. I also walk/run on the treadmill for 35-45 min depending on how I feel.. I haven't lost any weight since I started.. But I think it is important to build up muscle too:) Hope this helps.. Keep up the good work!!

SW: 252 1-1-11
    CW:231
    GW:160 :tongue:
  • bridetobe91
    Options
    After how many days or weeks did you notice inches starting to come off? Or what level were you at when you started to notice some changes?
  • aimlow
    Options
    I would say I noticed a difference after the first week. Good luck
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    I'm on day 18, and I've been doing it straight. After Level 1(10 days), I had lost three inches overall, but my weight stayed the same for two weeks. I cleaned up my diet and continued with the exercise and today I had my WI and I lost 4.5lbs, the most I've lost in a week since I started on MFP!

I will be taking another set of measurements in two days time after I complete Level 2, I think I will see more inch loss.

Also, I know it sounds stupid, but you can work through the pain. I could hardly walk too, (I looked stupid walking so slowly to and from lectures!) but if you work through it, you will get stronger quicker. For me, a total beginner to exercise, after about 5/6 days, the pain was completely gone. Obviously only do what you can, but after the workout, your muscles feel less sore.

Good luck with it, results will come, don't be discouraged. Numbers on a scale don't mean everything!!!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I did it last month. Finished it in 30 days and did each level for 10 days like CarthagoDelenda (Hi honey!). I was sore each time I switched levels but I still pushed through. Like she said, push through the pain, unless you're injured or something. I lost 10.6lbs and inches all over, I only measured half way through so it's not accurate how many inches I've lost. I definitely looked a lot better. I blogged about it and I took result pics in my blog if you'd like to take a look.

I did watch what I ate, counted calories and made sure I didn't go over 1200 most days. I didn't eat back all of my exercise calories, I had one cheat meal a week and I walked slowly for 30 minutes about 3x a week.

If you keep up with it, you will see a difference but you have to not give up! Good luck! I love the Shred.
  • zcosborne86
    Options
    I'm on L1D3 and boy can you feel it! I have taken pics and measurements at day 1 so I will post the results once it's complete.

I''m thinking of doing another JM workout dvd in the morning before work and the 30DS in the evening.. has anyone else done this and if so what are the results? I usually go running in the evenings but both my knees have become hugely sore so I've had to cut back on the cardio :( Any ideas on other forms of cardio?
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Her banish fat boost metabolism is amazing cardio but it's about 55 min. Highly recommended!
  • MrsDickie
    Options
    I'm on D13 L2

And just yesterday, so D12, I finally saw my results.
    I havent weighed myself, but I looked in the mirror and felt so proud.
    My body is so much tighter and I see muscles! I feel really really good, it's tough, but it works and you'll be addicted after a couple days into Level 2!
    I can't wait to see the end result!!

:) Feel free to add me for some motivation and encouragement!
  • mandiex0
    mandiex0 Posts: 174
    Options
    LOVE IT. i am 5'2, 175, and 16. i have never worked hard like this before, and i HAD to take a break after day five. i was working so hard on my feet WITHOUT shoes i brusied my muscles :( i am starting again HOPEFULLY sunday. i hate not working out.

keep in touch, missmandiex0@aim.com
  • sarah13f
    sarah13f Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started mid jan but have had to take 3 days off due to my knee being so painful (and one day hungover dying on the sofa!) i am on day 15 and feel much better. I weighed in after 1st week but had lost nothing, I measured and had lost an inch off my bust, waist and hips, I am going to measure again on day 20 then day 30 but am not weighing in till the end now as i find it de-motivates me if I have not lost anything. i am sticking to a 1200 cal diet and eating my calories burnt as i feel quite hungry at the moment. Apparantly muscle weighs more than fat so when working out its the inch loss that is more important as you are making your body smaller and tighter. after day 30 I hope to be able to complete levels one, two and three all at once perhaps twice a week or I might just start the process again as i love it and would miss not doing the 20 minutes daily now. Good luck everybody!