New from Newcastle UK

Options
Hi guys and gals,

Just starting here so saying Hello.

I found this site though the iphone app so I am really hoping that this can help me. I have tried many diets and not got anywhere however I like the ideo of this site as I can eat what I want as long as I keep with in the recomendations that the site is giving me.

Wish me luck.

Dean.

Replies

• kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm from Middlesbrough!:happy:
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Dean ,best of luck its a briliant site .
  • BlutAura
    Options
    Welcome from London and sometimes Nottingham :)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Dean,

Try and think of this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. The word diet refers to what you eat which means there are many different diets such as junk food diets, vegetarian diets, meat & potatoes diets, etc, etc. We must make a lifestyle change in order to reach our goal which is a health, happy life.

Once you start changing your lifestyle the rest will follow. When you go to the grocery, read the labels, make healthier chooses on what you buy and then make a healthy choice on the portions you consume. No fab diets, no depriving yourself of all the foods you love, just a healthier way of preparing those foods and the amounts you eat.

Good luck on your journey and MFP is a great place to start it. You will find lots of support and motivation here.

Vicky
  • bex22mcn
    Options
    Hey Dean - greetings from Darlo! Its great on here...the people are such fab support!
  • Charli666
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me if you want extra support and motivation,

Charli (Nottingham, and Buckinghamshire)
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    Hi Dean,

Good luck with your new lifesytle change :-) Im from just down the road in Costa Del Middlesbrough ha ha!

If you need any support or advice give me a shout! x
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi Dean!

I find that the more you arm yourself with information, the easier it is. It's true you can eat what you want, though the better you eat and the more stable your blood sugar is, the easier it'll be to avoid temptations! Avoid those special diet products that are loaded with fake sugar and stick to proper food, in better portions, I say :o)

Good luck!
  • sarahjrrr_
    Options
    Hi (: welcome and good luck from Southampton (:
  • deandt
    deandt Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I actually didnt think there was this many active people going to be on here so I am very suprised.