Either the best weigh in ever or a broken scale? Help!

Options
I'm so confused!!!! I weighed in this morning expecting to have gained everything back since I've been....not good the last few days, lol. It says 145.5! Which has to be wrong (my last weigh in was 151.5, no way I went down that much in like 3 days). I weighed myself like 5 times, moved the scale (it's on a hard floor), weighed another 5, those all came out the same, then weighed my weights to see if the scale was just broken--that came out right. I'd be really really excited, but that's alot to lose in 3 days, and my pants aren't any loser (at 145 they should be falling off, I would think). What's going on?!?! I don't want to get excited over something that's not real, but I don't get what's going on...can someone help?

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hmmm...that's pretty weird. i would wait another few days and try again - 3 days isn't really long enough for your body to change so drastically, so i would wait for a week since the first time you weighed and see how that goes. it will probably be somewhere in the middle, i would think. good luck!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Well if you weighed your weights then your scale isn't broken. You may have been wearing different clothes, or maybe you weighed after going to the bathroom this time, etc?
  • tracyodum
    Options
    You could have easily lost that in water weight.......
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You could have been retaining water and lost the "water weight" I would also wait and weigh again in a few days... a good way to see if it's the scale is weigh in after a meal - if it says 145.5 still, it's broken
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    That's good advice, I'll reweigh in a few days. I mean I've been eating more than usual (and not of good stuff, either), drinking less water and more soda (I haven't bee sleeping well so I've been more reliant on my diet coke than usual for caffine), and I took tues and wed off from working out. I expected to go up!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    That's good advice, I'll reweigh in a few days. I mean I've been eating more than usual (and not of good stuff, either), drinking less water and more soda (I haven't bee sleeping well so I've been more reliant on my diet coke than usual for caffine), and I took tues and wed off from working out. I expected to go up!

If your scales aren't broken and you've lost that amount of weight through eating more and working out less, market your formula, you'll make a fortune!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This happened to me last weekend.
    I weigh every few days but don't log it. Only log once a week so I knew I'd been stuck a bit at one weight.
    2 days later I was down 4lbs.
    I'm still down those 4lbs after 3 more days so I don't know why but assume it is correct.
    I think sometimes your body holds onto weight until it knows it's safe to let it go - although it doesn't actually 'know'.
    I find it weird personifying the body.

Probably water or something?