Enchilada Lasagna

Options
Tralee1111
Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
This recipe is really filling and delicious. Easy to make too! I got this from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine and have made it several times. This has become my husband's favorite. The sour cream is wonderful on top. I have made this without the pepper and it is turns out fine. I sometimes use four turkey burger patties (because it is cheaper).

ENCHILADA LASAGNA

1 lb. fresh ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
1 package (8 oz) fat free cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. chili powder
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
6 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 in)
1 cup (4 oz) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
Salsa and reduced fat sour cream, optional

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and peppers over medium heat untl meat is no longer pink, drain. Cut cream cheese into pieces and add to turkey, along with chili powder.
3. Pour enchilada sauce in a shallow plate. Dip two tortillas in sauce to coat. Please two tortillas in a 13 x 9 baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread half of the turkey mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat dipping two tortillas in sauce and then layer on top. Repeat turkey and cheese layers. Dip last two tortillas in sauce and place on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.

You can cover and freeze for up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed above.

If you add salsa and sour cream, you will need to add that into your nutritional total.

Serves 8

Each servning:
Calories: 282
Fat: 11g
Sat Fat: 3g
Carb: 27g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 22g
Chol: 697 mg

Replies