OMG: I ate more than I should yesterday!

Options
Yesterday I was 700 over my net calories. So for today, should I:

A. Eat my goal calories, exercise, but NOT eat back my exercise calories
B. Stick to eating only 500 calories today as long as I don’t exercise. OR
C. Just stop obsessing.
For the record MFP has me at a goal caloric amount of 1200. This is the amount I can lose weight on without exercising.

Thanks!

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    C. Today is a new day, learn from yesterday.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I would just stop obssesing
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say C. If you are somewhat concerned then just eat 50-75% of your exercise cals.
  • unckat09
    Options
    C!!!

Obsessing leads to stress which can hault your progress. Maybe stay away from high sodium foods today and eat super clean, but EAT!
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    C as well...and if it makes you feel better...my goal calories for teh day are 1200 too, and yesterday and ate more than DOUBLE! I was only a few calories shy from 3,000!!!

Actually, I ended up logging the rest of yesterdays foods this morning and almost didn't. Usually when I have a bad day calorie wise or I knew I ate something I shouldn't have...I tend to not log it because i don't want to see that i messed up. In the past, that has ALWAYS led to my giving up logging entirely. So I think today is a turning point for me because I accepted it as is, am learning from my mistakes, and ready to really stay committed to me and my health.

If anything, you could always take your cals back by 100 or so and try to exercise 20-30 minutes longer than usual to counter act yesterdays splurge (that's my plan for today :happy:
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    I don't think one day going over on your calories will hurt you too much. You can't even gain a pound from 700 calories more. You may have gained water weight...
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definitely C. A new day starts a new calorie count. Do what you normally would do as far as food and exercise and learn from yesterday's off-day. We all have those days every once in awhile :laugh:
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    C!!!

Obsessing leads to stress which can hault your progress. Maybe stay away from high sodium foods today and eat super clean, but EAT!

Great suggestion! And don't forget to drink LOTS of water today as well!