Food & Shoes

Options
Hi, everyone! I just started doing the 30 Day Shred yesterday and I've really never been one to work out. Sooo I'm lacking in knowledge. I have 2 questions.

1) What should my pre & post workout eating/drinking look like? Should it happen one of those times or both of those times? Are there things I should avoid consuming right before or after I work out?

2) If I'm working out in my living room on my carpeted floor, do I need to wear my tennis shoes? I feel like the answer is yes, but I'm not sure and I'd like to know why if it is "yes."

Thanks for your help!
xo,
June

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wear my tennies all the time for support
  • tsamak310
    Options
    Good job on starting the shred! I'm on Day5 of level 2 and LOVING it! I feel so committed to Jillian! I just posted a similar question regarding sneakers for doing this video. I do wear my sneakers because it definitely has high impact moves. So make sure you have a good pair of sneakers. I'm looking into a new pair, maybe with additional support.

As for the food and drink questions, I avoid eating before the workout because it is so intense. I sometimes feel like I'm gonna get sick, so I can't imagine what it would feel like with a stomach full of food. Water, however, is HUGE!! I drink about 2 glasses before I begin because you are sweating the ENTIRE workout. And you really don't have any time in the video to stop for a drink! Only tiny sips!! I try to drink 2-3 glasses after the workout to remain hydrated to avoid overly sore and achey muscles.

Good luck on your shred!
  • junewonder
    Options
    Thanks, love! Good luck on your shred as well!