Retail Job

Options
Okay, I have a dilemma. I am a university student so I spend 6 out of 7 days either sitting in lectures or sitting down doing reports and research. Therefore I have logged my lifestyle as sedentary. However, every Saturday I work in a Pharmacy, and this involves a lot of running up and down stairs, reaching and bending for things, and pushing, pulling and lifting heavy things, (putting out delivery etc). This must burn more calories than when I am at home writing an essay. How can I log this? Also, should I log this? :huh:

Replies

• misskelly121
    Options
    Im also in college and spend most of my time in classes. I work 3 days a week doing a physical job also, and I decided that I was not going to log that as a workout, mostly because I have to do it anyways and don't want to be rewarded by getting more calories to eat if I haven't been to the gym to actually workout. But I think its up to you. I don't know how you would log them in, maybe change your setting to the next thing up from sedentary?!
  • junewonder
    Options
    I agree with changing from sedentary. I'm a stay at home mom to an 8 month old girl and I also do quite a bit of sitting during the day, mostly while we nurse....or when she naps (she won't nap elsewhere! agh!). At first I said I was sedentary but after thinking about it...I'm moving periodically throughout the day to cook and clean and do a bit of playing, so I said "lightly active" or whatever the next one up is. It changed my calorie goal & I lost my first pound in less than a week. :) (I'm only going for 1/week)

Good luck with this!