30 Day Shred Calorie Burn

Options
Last night was day 5 of level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I am loving it, but curious about the calorie burn.

The first two days, according to my HRM I burned in the neighborhood of 367 calories. Since then, it has steadily declined and last night it was nearly 100 calories less. Now, I know that I should expect some fluctuation because I'm getting used to the work out, but should it have decreased THAT much? Or has my HRM maybe gone a bit wonky?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Last night was day 5 of level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I am loving it, but curious about the calorie burn.

The first two days, according to my HRM I burned in the neighborhood of 367 calories. Since then, it has steadily declined and last night it was nearly 100 calories less. Now, I know that I should expect some fluctuation because I'm getting used to the work out, but should it have decreased THAT much? Or has my HRM maybe gone a bit wonky?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I noticed that too around day 5. I don't think it's the HRM, I think that your body gets more accustomed to the workout so your heart rate doesn't increase as much (which means that you're burning fewer calories). I'm hoping that it's because it's toning & muscle related and not necessarily "burning calories" (like lifting weights). I think I'm going to start pausing it and doing a few more minutes of cardio for all three sessions and see if that helps. If not, I might jump up to Level 2 a little earlier.
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think that your body gets more accustomed to the workout so your heart rate doesn't increase as much (which means that you're burning fewer calories).

That's kind of what I was thinking, too... I guess I just wanted confirmation from someone else who was doing it. Thanks for your feedback!