My favorite movie is...

Options

Replies

• Sunibc22
    Options
    Generally I like scarry or suspensful movies. But my fav has to be The Notebook.....seen it 5 times and cried every one of them!!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    the same as my 2 year old neice's............... the little mermaid!:blushing:

This is definitely my favorite Disney movie. They just don't make 'em like this anymore!

Ditto and agreed. The movies now are.....ugh....no words!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Bridges of Madison County. .
    OOOOOHHHHH I forgot about that one! I LOVE that movie. I so wouldn't have gotten out of the truck!!!

I read the book before I ever saw the movie so I knew how it ended but when I first watched the movied I still cried. And every time I watch it I still cry again. :bigsmile:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    ooo.....this is fun

Everafter (always get all warm and fuzzy watching that!)

Anything Disney put out between the 1970s and 2000. Anything after that makes me want to stick a sharp object in my eye......Unless it was in collabration with PIXAR.

I love EverAfter! And you're right, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Awwww...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Dirty Dancing (orignal version)

O YES!!!!! Makes you want to jump up and dance and sing!!!

Ooh I just have to tell a story here. When my son was little he used to love to dance to anything that came on the radio. When he was two, my best freind had the movie dirty dancing and we would watch it all the time. One day I was at home washing dishes and that song that Jennifer Gray's character practiced to up and down the steps came on the radio and I started to think to myself, "I'd like to see you dance to that Steven", and before I had even finished the thought there's little 2 year old Steven dancing exactly like her to the song on the radio. I thought I was going to die laughing because it was so funny!!! But he had it down pat exactly like Jennifer's character did it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Bridges of Madison County. .
    OOOOOHHHHH I forgot about that one! I LOVE that movie. I so wouldn't have gotten out of the truck!!!

I read the book before I ever saw the movie so I knew how it ended but when I first watched the movied I still cried. And every time I watch it I still cry again. :bigsmile:

I've never seen it...:embarassed: Perhaps I should rent it this weekend! :blushing:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like so many movies you guys have listed here...but one of my favorite's is Pride and Prejudice!! The Notebook was one of my favorites too. I love a good love story!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

Oh yeah I forgot about Bridges of Madison County! What a GREAT movie!
  • bbright53
    Options
    The Quiet Man w/ John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    The Quiet Man w/ John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara

O dang....I'm going to have to make a list now for Christmas......

Ma always told me I was just like Ms. O'Hara.....:wink:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bridges of Madison County...being from Iowa and all!:wink:
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    Ok - if I were only able to choose one for the rest of my life, it would be:

Up Close & Personal - love, achieving your dreams and pursuing the ultimate "story"

Now - in reality since I don't have to choose JUST one...

Black Hawk Down
    All SAW movies
    All Hostel movies
    Original Chainsaw Massacre
    Grease 1 & 2
    Friday - "How come everytime I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen, in the G** D*** refrigerator"
    Head of State - "That ain't right!"
    The Notebook
    Love Actually
    Pretty in Pink - "This is an incredibly romantic moment and you're ruining it for me!"
    16 Candles - "Oooooh sexy giiiiiiiirlfriiiiiiend!"
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I loved *Fun with **** and Jane* that cracked me UP! haha
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Ok - if I were only able to choose one for the rest of my life, it would be:

Up Close & Personal - love, achieving your dreams and pursuing the ultimate "story"

Now - in reality since I don't have to choose JUST one...

Black Hawk Down
    All SAW movies
    All Hostel movies
    Original Chainsaw Massacre
    Grease 1 & 2
    Friday - "How come everytime I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen, in the G** D*** refrigerator"
    Head of State - "That ain't right!"
    The Notebook
    Love Actually
    Pretty in Pink - "This is an incredibly romantic moment and you're ruining it for me!"
    16 Candles - "Oooooh sexy giiiiiiiirlfriiiiiiend!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh, Friday... "Craig, whatchu doin with all them boxes? You tryin to build a club house?"
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    but one of my favorite's is Pride and Prejudice!!

Oooh! Oooh! The 6-hour BBC one with Collin Firth as Mr. Darcy? LOVE that one!

I really think I must be caught in a time warp. My favorite movies are all black & white (I'd have to say The Philadelphia Story with Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, and Jimmy Stewart is probably my all-time favorite.) My favorite books were mostly written before the 20th century. And the music I like best at least right now is either Big Band Swing or something written pre-1800. Although I am pretty much into my girls' indie alternative stuff, too......

LOL ... I am seriously a nerd.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I also REALLY love The Wedding Date.
  • Juliebean
    Options
    I also really really love Empire Records. Oh man, hilarious!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I also really really love Empire Records. Oh man, hilarious!

I forgot about this movie! SO good!!!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Animal House

Too funny!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...total dork here...

I LOVE Adventures In Babysitting AND Big!!!
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Okay...total dork here...

I LOVE Adventures In Babysitting AND Big!!!

Big has got to be one of my all-time favorite Tom Hanks movies. Seriously. I know exactly how he feels too, when he goes back to the boardwalk and everyone is gone and it's desserted... That's how I used to feel when everyone would leave Ocean City after the summertime. Awww... :cry: