Zumba

Options
I'm thinkin about goin to some Zumba classes at the gym. They are an hour long and was wondering if anyone knows about how many calories you burn when doing Zumba since its not an option to select here on MFP!?

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Replies

• HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Calories
    •Zumba workouts can vary in intensity, and calorie burn depends on an individual's weight, fitness level and muscle composition. During an hour long session you can burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories. On average, a 150-lb. person can expect to burn 536 calories during an hour of Zumba. By comparison, the same person would burn 413 calories during an hour of moderate swimming, 477 for an hour of casual racquetball and 684 for an hour of running at a 10-minute-mile pace

Read more: How Many Calories Do You Burn During One Hour of Zumba? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5368632_many-during-one-hour-zumba_.html#ixzz1EzERHeUt
  • hooghie
    hooghie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I use the general dancing one. Like everything else, it's how hard you work and your body that determines how much you burn. If you put all that you have into it and really work your butt off, you can burn a TON of calories with Zumba. Have fun!
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 149 lbs. I worked myself pretty hard and burned 600 cals in 53 minutes according to my HRM.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 150 lbs, and I try to work hard at Zumba (but often have to slow down to get the moves) and I usually burn about 450 / 55 minutes of Zumba class.