Low Carb

Options
I am doing a revised version of Atkins/South Beach...I eat alot of protein and VERY little sugar or carbs. After a few days I am not hungry! I have lost 3 pounds in 5 days! I did this diet 5 years ago and went from a size 16 to a size 6 in 8 months! I gained 20 back ony because I got lazy and started eating everything. The low carb diet REALLY works!

Anyone else doing this kind of diet?

Replies

• DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hey!
    well i've been debating on trying the southbeach diet ....i dont know i did reduce carbs and lost 7 pounds in a week i havent gained it back so i will give it a go starting sunday :)
  • beautymkt
    Options
    i have done the low carb diet as well and it does work! Unfortunately for me, I love carbs so I feel deprived and fall out of the diet. I want to make something a lifestyle change for me, not just something temporary. I am eating less carbs and sticking to my calories daily and carb count that MFP gives me. I hope it helps me in the long term for life! I am feeling healthier and better already. Good luck! :love:
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for 8 weeks. I lost 7 pounds the first two weeks but I've been on a stall ever since. I was in ketosis and exercising daily but wasn't losing any weight.:grumble: People around me would say that it looked like I lost more so I'm keeping at it hoping that with my workouts my body shape is changing. Eventually the scale should follow. It works and if we get to our goal weight we can start slowly adding carbs back into our diet so it's not like this is how we have to eat forever. I think people either don't know this about low carb or forget this part of it. However for me, I hold onto that little bit of info. :smile: